K-Tec

Observing at the Sugarloaf Car park -22/08/14

• flt158
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #101524 by flt158
Hi folks. Anyone is welcome to join me and one other in the car park at the base of the Sugarloaf on Friday night 22nd August. Skies are supposed to be clear in many parts of Ireland.

I do hope all the great people with have a fine time in Kerry at the weekend. But for any not going to Kerry, they are most welcome with any optical instrument from about 8.30 pm onwards. No bright planets are on view, so let us have a great time observing at all the other super features in the night sky.

Please reply to this post if you wish to come along.

Aubrey.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by flt158.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #101534 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Observing at the Sugarloaf Car park -22/08/14
Hi Aubrey,

I'd love to get out (the only thing that's getting use out of my dob at the moment are the spiders). But I won't know until tomorrow. I will come if I can. Maybe you could post here tomorrow evening to confirm you are going? If I am, I'll be on my tobler so I'd want to be sure there will be others. It's really not a nice place on your own in the dark!!!!

Sean
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

• flt158
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 7 months ago #101535 by flt158
Hi Sean. I am delighted to hear from you. Tomorrow is still good to go for the Sugarloaf -unless the weather people have it wrong again. See what you think yourself. I am very keen to get down myself. It may be just you and me in the car park.

Is there anyone else willing to come out tomorrow night?

Aubrey.

More
9 years 7 months ago #101537 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Observing at the Sugarloaf Car park -22/08/14
Hi Aubrey,

Really sorry, can't make it tonight (wife has plans). I really want to get out soon. It's almost a pity that it looks like we'll have some clear skies tonight! Hope you can get 1 or 2 to meet you. Sorry again.

Sean
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds