K-Tec

IFAS Welcomes Michael Murphy as the new Chairperson!

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #105736 by Seanie_Morris
3 years ago (almost to the week) I undertook the role of IFAS Chairperson as voted upon by my peers. Standing on the shoulders of the giants in the years before me, I wanted to be able to do what they did: keep IFAS going and help as best I could - with the team of members of the IFAS Council behind me - to further promote astronomy and allied topics. It was an eventful and enjoyable 3 years, and I hope that I have been of benefit to the IFAS and wider Irish astronomical communities.

At the AGM on Saturday April 16th (at COSMOS in Athlone), the torch was passed by majority vote and overwhelming encouragement to Michael Murphy, a long-time presence in the Irish Astronomical Society and here in IFAS.

With full confidence and good luck, I wish Michael every success as he now prepares to drive IFAS and its members forward with a positive and ambitous attitude for the future.

Here's to Michael Murphy!

Clear Skies,

Seanie Morris.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by Seanie_Morris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nectarine, michael_murphy, johnomahony, scfahy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #105738 by john5
Thanks Seanie on a very successful tenure as IFAS chairman. Hope you
keep up your involvement and contribution to IFAS in other areas. Job well done.
Good luck to Michael as new IFAS chair. Am sure organisation in good hands.
John.
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by john5. Reason: Grammar mistake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris, nectarine, michael_murphy

More
8 years 1 day ago #105741 by Mike
Michael is a worthy successor indeed and wishing him the very best of luck for the future as IFAS Chairperson. A BIG thankyou Seanie for all your hard work and dedication to the Irish Astronomy community as ambassador, facilitator, lecturer, organizer and all the other necessary qualities it takes for such a role which you have fulfilled in an exemplary manner.

Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris, michael_murphy

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds