Halfords powerpack

• johnomahony
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #105309 by johnomahony
Halfords powerpack was created by johnomahony
My trusty Halfords 20 Amp Hr power pack which I picked up in early 2007 has finally decided that it is time to go to a better place. It still works and will power my LX10 but it does not have enough juice left to power the CGE mount for very long. I have been very impressed with these units. They are well made and have never let me down after almost 8 years of use and after spending 6 months in a 20" container to and from Australia.
Never mind. I picked up a new 20 Amp hour battery today to breath some life back into the old unit. The battery is not cheap but still cheaper than replacing the whole unit. I also prefer the design of the older Halford powerpacks over the newer models. Replacing the battery is very simple to do and it is designed to be easily accessible for replacement.
I still have another unit I bought at the same time which is still working. I may replace the battery on this powerpack too if the new replacement battery works OK.

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by johnomahony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #105311 by scfahy
Replied by scfahy on topic Halfords powerpack
I was wondering if the battery you bought has a cigarette lighter connection to work with the power lead on my Celestron CPC 800 and where did you purchase the battery. I have a celestron 7ah battery but it is dying. Do you know if you can replace the battery as the lights and other connectors are in good condition

Regards

Stephen

S

• johnomahony
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 3 months ago #105312 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Halfords powerpack

scfahy wrote: I was wondering if the battery you bought has a cigarette lighter connection to work with the power lead on my Celestron CPC 800 and where did you purchase the battery. I have a celestron 7ah battery but it is dying. Do you know if you can replace the battery as the lights and other connectors are in good condition

Regards

Stephen

S

Hi Stephen

If you have a Celestron power tank you should be able to replace the battery. I got my 12V replacement battery from Battery World but there are a few online Irish battery suppliers. Just get the same type of battery (usually sealed lead acid-there are various brands that can be used and they are normally a standard size). No sense in throwing out a good powerpack if only the battery needs replacing. My Halford pack has two ciggie sockets which will supply any 12V mount..

John

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/
The following user(s) said Thank You: scfahy

More
8 years 3 months ago #105313 by scfahy
Replied by scfahy on topic Halfords powerpack
Thanks for the advice as I like the idea of recycling the power pack using a new battery.
Regards
Stephen

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds