• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 1 month ago #103300 by lunartic_old
Venus, Mars & Wooden Church was created by lunartic_old
Hi all

With Mars and Venus going their separate ways, I wanted to get some more images before they split, I enjoyed my previous images with the church of St Mattias in the foreground and decided that I would like to try something similar.

Last night, Sunday March 1st, I headed to the church of Our Lady of the Wayside, in Kilternan, it is a pretty blue wooden church and made for a fine foreground object.

Here are the images, there was just a little post processing down in PS to remove some ugly streetlights and a house.

www.astrobin.com/full/161147/0/

www.astrobin.com/full/161143/0/

Thanks for looking.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave_lillis, michael_murphy, Kinch, Pat_Dunne, manic_dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #103301 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Venus, Mars & Wooden Church
Wow Paul, well thought out to say the least ! That is one fine church as a foreground, both shots are beautifully composed.

Well done !

Keith.

More
9 years 1 month ago #103305 by manic_dave
Replied by manic_dave on topic Venus, Mars & Wooden Church
Great shots Paul.

www.skelligstarparty.com
Europe's Darkest Skies
Top 4 Locations in the world to Stargaze by Paste Magazine.

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 1 month ago #103308 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Venus, Mars & Wooden Church
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I am tempted to go back and change the second image, I believe that it would look better if I positioned the camera down the exact centre of the path, to give it a more even look.

I was trying to work off the rule of thirds and I liked the look of the trees on the right.

You are right, Keith, it is a fine church, it's a fine subject for photography, even in the daytime, the only drawback is a house in the background, I was able to remove it in PS, a daytime image would make this more difficult, certainly far above my humble skills at PS.

Thanks again.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds