• CarlightExpress
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
7 years 6 months ago #106103 by CarlightExpress
IC1396 - Elephant's Trunk Nebula - Narrowband was created by CarlightExpress
Hi All

Been a while since I posted here, been busy doing a lot of travelling with work and obviously getting used to my new telescope, I ended up getting rid of my Ritchey Chreitien and getting a Skywatcher Quattro 8" F4 Carbon Fiber Newt, and I am glad I made the decission, I am able to get a lot more photons in on subjects much faster versus F7.5, a 10 Min exposure on my F4 is the same as >35 Minutes on the F7.5 so the level of detail I am able to pick up in 10 min is phenominal

Here's my latest image
Image Consists of 15x600S in HA, OIII and SII
[img
IC1396 - Elephants Trunk Nebula 15x600S Narrowband Hubble Palette by Simon Todd , on Flickr

Hope you all enjoy
Simon
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, johnomahony, Kinch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #106104 by Kinch
Great image Simon. Yes....it is too long since you have posted....hope to see a lot more over the Winter.

• CarlightExpress
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
7 years 6 months ago #106105 by CarlightExpress
Replied by CarlightExpress on topic IC1396 - Elephant's Trunk Nebula - Narrowband
Thanks Brendan

Well since I have been imaging with the new scope in August, I've already produced a number of images, but I think this is my best image to date, I am proud of this one :)

With the F4 I can get a lot of detail very fast, and next year when I get my Keller Reducer I'll be imaging at F2.8 :)

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds