Triple Planet & Lunar Conjunction 9th October 2015

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 5 months ago #104975 by lunartic_old
Hi all

Tomorrow morning there is the opportunity to see an excellent conjunction featuring Venus, Mars, Jupiter and the waning crescent moon in the pre-dawn sky, an hour or so before sunrise. Regulus will hover close to Venus and Mercury will be very low to the horizon. This will make a great photographic opportunity, so set the alarm clocks for an early start.
i0.wp.com/www.leisurelyscientist.com/wp-...15/09/fae-100915.jpg

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris, flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #104976 by Neill
Lovely view this morning with the waning crescent moon, venus and jupiter around 7am.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

More
8 years 5 months ago #104977 by flt158
Valerie and I saw the crescent Moon and Venus high in the southeast at about 11.30 am. I have since worked out they were 6 degrees apart at the time. What I found most interesting was how much more brighter Venus was compared to the faint Moon!
Tomorrow morning, I will be up much earlier. So maybe the skies will be clear again.

Clear skies,

Aubrey.

More
8 years 5 months ago #104978 by JohnONeill
Hi,

It was a nice array this morning, although the lunar glare was blocking the field of R Leonis!

Please see my photo at Variable Star Nights

John

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
8 years 5 months ago #104979 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Triple Planet & Lunar Conjunction 9th October 2015
Up early to view the event, king cloud was playing silly beggers, still managed to get some great views and some images that I will post later.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #104982 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Triple Planet & Lunar Conjunction 9th October 2015
Here's what the climax should look like on Sunday morning. Sunrise is at 7:55hrs Irish time.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Seanie_Morris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds