K-Tec

NI astronomers wanted for Astronomy documentary

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
8 years 6 months ago #104888 by albertw
Got this via the Royal Astronomical Society.

LUNAR ECLIPSE media request!
We are looking for UK astronomers, amature and professional, to be involved with our Channel 4 documentary.
I'm from a production company called RAW and we are making a 90 minute film about the best weather and astronomical events of 2015 that will air in the run up to Christmas this year.
If you will be watching the Lunar eclipse on the 27th or 28th and are interested in being involved with our film I would love to hear from you.
Our film is put together from clips and footage submitted from the public as well as professional footage. Take a look at our first documentary in this series to get a feel for what we’re making –
www.channel4.com/progra…/britains-winter-storm-heroes
What we would like is some footage of your experience of watching the eclipse. You could introduce yourself and if you are, tell your involvement with The Royal Astronomical Society or your interest in Astronomy.
We would love to see a brief snapshot of your experience of watching the eclipse, any preparations you might do, watching the weather, setting up a telescope or camera through to some of your reactions when you see it. You could explain a bit of the science behind it, in layman’s terms preferably!
The footage doesn't need to be professional, it can be made on any camera or phone you have. The camera should be landscape.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like any more information on 0207 456 0800.
We want to see a few peoples experiences so don’t hesitate to get in touch, If you want to be involved you most probably will be!
All footage can be sent directly to my email afterwards - jo.prichard@raw.co.uk using the file sharing site - www.wetransfer.com/
Thanks for your time in reading this, hope to hear from you soon.

www.channel4.com/programmes/britains-winter-storm-heroes

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds