IFAS 2018 calendar (pdf version) now available

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
6 years 6 months ago #106764 by johnflannery
Hi all,

I have the free (20-page pdf) version of the 2018 astronomy calendar available now - 850Kb download from bit.ly/2ygndI1

The Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies produce the calendar each year and the printed version contain will contain images showcasing astrophotography by observers who contribute to various Irish astronomy forums and Facebook sites.

Profit from sales of the printed version is used by IFAS to promote astronomy (we bought 1,500 eclipse shades and distributed them free for the 2015 solar eclipse from money raised before).

You can read more about the calendar and a request for photos on the IFAS site home page.

All contributors whose images are used will receive a free copy of the printed calendar. There's a terrific amount of wonderful astrophotography being done in Ireland and the calendar is a great way to showcase this work.

Many thanks,

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: lunartic_old, Kinch, Fermidox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #106765 by Kinch
Thanks John. I did not get to do a download tonight....but I'll give it a go tomorrow when I hope I have a better connection.

It will be interesting to see if there will be a calendar this year....it appeared early last month that very few images were submitted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
6 years 6 months ago #106766 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic IFAS 2018 calendar (pdf version) now available
Many thanks Brendan.

I was talking online with Michael today and we have a good selection of images already sent in as well as some new ones to consider from members of the Republic of Astronomy Group on Facebook. We definitely will have photos to ensure publication of the calendar this year.

If you spot any corrections feel free to let me know (also through my email address below). Just today I spotted the launch of JWST is now deferred until the first half of 2019 so the calendar is revised to take that into account.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Evans

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds