Media Contact Information Required (2012) - Help Needed

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 3 months ago #92016 by Seanie_Morris
Hi All,

I am seeking the help of fellow board members, especially Astronomy Club and Society Secretaries, to gather information that I may compile into an IFAS-wide list for media contacts in television, newspaper, radio and anything else that would be relevant. This hub of information would be distributed to all clubs so that each has the chance to promote as much as possible their club to the widest available audience.

The reason I need your help? Secretaries and PROs reading this know that to have a list of contacts is handy and takes time to make. As we are spread out all over the island, you already have this information for your local area, therefore the hard work is already done in your part of the country. Putting everyone's hard work together will get each club a comprehensive list of media contacts that is of positive and mutual benefit.

The aim is as follows:

- Compiled by IFAS members and is therefore for IFAS' eyes only.
- As many secretaries would have names, emails and phone numbers etc. with respect to their own localised club, you have the hard work done already.
- One point source for Secretaries and PRO's to notify the media, could be as simple as copy and paste a column of email address in your BCC address line.

If you would like to help, you can send your information in whatever form to seaniehead 'at' eircom 'dot' net or by private message here (if it is, of course, text only) and I will look after the rest. There is no deadline and it will be fully updated and re-distributed as new information arises.

Thanks for your time,

Seanie Morris,
IFAS Secretary.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #99879 by R Newman
Hi

Has this list been compiled and completed?

If so is there a possibility that this information can be distrubuted as originally planned with the rest of the IFAS secretaries to promote as much as possible their individual clubs?

Thank you

Ronan

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 2 months ago #99908 by Seanie_Morris
Hi Ronan,

Albert as current Secretary, and myself as his predecessor, have tried to get all the relevant names and their contact details through the years, but some clubs are slow in providing this information. I don't know right now where Albert is with the info, as it is ongoing (trying to pull teeth can sometimes be easier!).

If there are Club Reps that are reading this, maybe they will take the time to send me a quick PM right now (icon is under my post count under my username on the left of your screen) with their name, IFAS username (for relevant subforum access), and contact details EVEN IF THEY THINK THEY SENT THIS INFO BEFORE.

Thanks,

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds