Aldi Ski Gear

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 4 months ago #102494 by lunartic_old
Aldi Ski Gear was created by lunartic_old
On Thursday December 4 Aldi are selling a range of ski gear, I have a pair of salopettes and I can highly recommend them, they are great for keeping out the wind and ensure that your legs stay warm.

www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-4-december/

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, michael_murphy, johnomahony, mykc, martinus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #102497 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Aldi Ski Gear
The salopettes are a life saver for those cold nights. I used mine even in Aussie.
I also see that Lidl are selling the Bresser 70mm scopes again from the 4th Dec

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery

More
9 years 4 months ago #102498 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Aldi Ski Gear
I've a pair too Paul that I got when Aldi previously stocked them. I wore them the other night when up at the Sugarloaf.

Dunes have those padded lumberjack shirts in stock at the moment which are always useful on a cold night. I got mine in an outdoor shop on Capel Street though.

Aldi are stocking the 76mm table top Firstscopes from National Geographic. I bought the Orion version a couple of years ago for my niece as it was kitted out slightly better (it had a rudimentary finder & better eyepieces).

John

More
9 years 3 months ago #102501 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Aldi Ski Gear

skynotes wrote: Aldi are stocking the 76mm table top Firstscopes from National Geographic.

I have no experience personally from using this telescope, but I have been told by some that it is not really worth the money (especially if purchased from high street or Argos retailers), as it is a bit clumsy to use. One person told me they were surprised National Geographic allowed their name and logo to go on to a piece of poor construction.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
9 years 3 months ago #102515 by martinus
Replied by martinus on topic Aldi Ski Gear
I love the fact that this thread is in observing equipment. :D

On the face of it, it appears ludicrous until one is standing outside shivering intensely enough to emit high-energy photons.

I would also recommend people have a look in the 'outdoor sports' section in your local TKMaxx at this time of the year, the stuff will be a bit more pricey but it's not RRP and it's pretty high-quality.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #102516 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Aldi Ski Gear
That's where I got mine-TKMaxx. Good quality too and relatively cheap

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by johnomahony.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds