• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
20 years 5 months ago #1167 by albertw
Astronomy related Suppliers was created by albertw
Hi,

I would like to generate a list of shops for telescope and astronomy related goods in Ireland, and possibly for some suppliers in the UK for special items.

The telescope suppliers are fairly easy to do, but I would like to extend it to for example `list any shops in the Cavan area that have a decent stock of astronomy books`. So can you send me, preferably by email/pm any shops that you think should be mentioned in such a list and brief sentence on what they stock etc.

I dont want this to be a review just yet, just to get a list together. Sometime in the future then we could take customer comments and make a 1-5 star rating or something.

Obviously this could get to a very extended list, so please only send shops that have a decent selection of relavent goods, or who have specific expertiese in an area, otherwise I will end up with a list of all bookshops and camera shops in the country! So a bookshop that has one patrick moore book or a camera shop with a tasco dont count, a bookshop with a shelf or two of astronomy books or a camera shop that can get decent scopes or accessories for you does.

This has been spurred on by amazon.com not being able to find a book for me for several months, and me walking into Hodges Figgis last weekend and picking it up off the shelf!

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #1173 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Astronomy related Suppliers
An excellent idea!

As a Cavan person I can say that your List of Cavan shops will be short, VERY short .... in fact of zero length! (Same goes for Maynooth)

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds