Mad Vignetting

• TrevorDurity
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #96395 by TrevorDurity
Mad Vignetting was created by TrevorDurity
Howdy. Have upgraded my dslr to fullframe for non-astro stuff and have recently been trying it on my refractor. After a few shots of M33 something was obviously amiss.

Previous configuration was a 450d or 7d on a william optics 90mm + a William Optics .8x Flattener/Reducer. I'm not sure if it was the MkII or MkIII. Worked pretty well anyway. But there was HUGE vignetting with the full frame. I did expect quite a bit but the amount shocked me. Here's a flat sample CI took against a lighted wall. First is with the reducer, second is without.

Minimal vignetting on the second but the field isn't flat unfortunately.

Loving the camera though - this is the first light M33 with the edges cropped out. Will need to try and find a suitable flattener.

www.flickr.com/photos/thelunarscape/8271507533/in/photostream

Trev
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by TrevorDurity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #96413 by Nerro
Replied by Nerro on topic Re: Mad Vignetting
Hi Trev,
I might be wrong with this post.but have you checked whats the correct distance for your cameras from reducer to your chip?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrevorDurity

• TrevorDurity
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
11 years 2 months ago #96441 by TrevorDurity
Replied by TrevorDurity on topic Re: Mad Vignetting
Hi Nerro, yep I checked the chip distance. Should be just over 5cm. Turns out that flattener was only designed for aps-c sized sensors. Hadn't even occurred to me to check before trying the camera. It's no big deal though, the field of view is so wide I'll probably be cropping alot anyway.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds