'Inner World - Outer Worlds'

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #103636 by Keith g
'Inner World - Outer Worlds' was created by Keith g
Hi all, well that's the only title I could think of :) I got some shots here on Tuesday night last under great clear skies:

Here lies in our March night sky the Constellation Orion following the setting crescent moon across the western sky after sunset. This is a view of the 'outer worlds' far beyond. Closer still is a look at our 'inner world' whilst gazing at Orion's star reflections lying still against the blackness of the calm water.
www.astrobin.com/167886/

I also got a nice shot called 'Winter walkway' of our winter constellations following the setting crescent moon earlier this week
www.astrobin.com/full/167889/0/

Keith..
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaeloconnell, michael_murphy, johnomahony, Bruno, martinus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #103637 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic 'Inner World - Outer Worlds'
Fantastic images, can you provide the technical details, as a beginner in this field I would like to know what settings were used.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #103640 by scfahy
Replied by scfahy on topic 'Inner World - Outer Worlds'
Love the first shot in particular. Yo might provide some technical detail on how you got the shots.

Much appreciated
Stephen

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #103642 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic 'Inner World - Outer Worlds'
Oops lads sorry I forgot the details :huh:

Both shots were taken with a Canon 6d DSLR using a 24mm L lens, focused at infinity, I shot for 30 seconds at f3.5 ISO 800.

This was the 1st time I used the in camera noise reduction too, it made a positive difference B)

I'd love to see you both have a go!

Keith..
The following user(s) said Thank You: lunartic_old

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #103643 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic 'Inner World - Outer Worlds'
You've shown that when the moon comes out top quality wide field images are still possible.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #103644 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic 'Inner World - Outer Worlds'
In fairness Paul the moon was only 25% sunlit but even at that it was quite bright. Obviously the advantage is that the landscape is lit up nicely, as long as your target is far enough away from it so as not to be overwhelmed by it.

Keith..

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds