K-Tec

M101 Pinwheel Galaxy

More
7 years 11 months ago #105784 by Kinch
M101 Pinwheel Galaxy was created by Kinch
It took almost a month to get this 14.5 hours of data. I am getting fed up being 'patient' :whistle: ....so for now I have called a halt on gathering subs for this. (I have seen a colleague do 48hrs and it really pulled out some fantastic detail......maybe some other time for me!)

Full image & details at: www.kinchastro.com/m-101-galaxy.html
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, donalmcnamara, lunartic_old, johnomahony, Mike, martinus, john5, RandomPillars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #105786 by scfahy
Replied by scfahy on topic M101 Pinwheel Galaxy
Beautiful Image,and great dedication in putting it together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kinch

More
7 years 11 months ago #105818 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic M101 Pinwheel Galaxy
Love it. Love. It.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kinch

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #105819 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic M101 Pinwheel Galaxy
Thanks for that comment. Not sure exactly which version you were looking at!

Today I spent hours trying to improve the image.....but as often happens, I just kept digging myself into a deeper hole. (Trouble is I was changing the online picture as I went ahead). Thinking I was improving some aspect of the picture only made the overall finish worse. It ended up way over processed. I know that I can do better with it and when I get a chance, I will try again. 14 hours should give me some more detail....I just need to improve my processing.

For now I have gone back to the version first linked here on IFAS.....I think :-)

Thurs morning (12th May). Could not leave it - did a quick run through this again this morning....and came up with this. I am away from the computer for the next two weeks....so hope that I can get to grips with it (and do the data justice) when I get back.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Kinch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, donalmcnamara, lunartic_old, flt158, colinl, scfahy

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds