Sky and Telescope - Digital Subscription

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #98268 by michaeloconnell
Sky and Telescope - Digital Subscription was created by michaeloconnell
For the last couple of years I have used the digital subscription facility to read S&T.
Lately however, it's proven a real pain to use.
Anyone else have issues accessing the magazine digitally?
Although I have paid my renewal, I could not get access to the August issue of the magazine.
After a couple of emails it got resolved, but with no explanation of why it wouldn't work.
Instead I got slightly patronising emails on how to click on the icon to open the digital magazine.
The September issue is now online, but alas, the exact same problem.
:S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #98279 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Sky and Telescope - Digital Subscription
i generally just download the pdf version and stick it on my nexus 7. it is much less complicated than the adobe air version.

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #98280 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Sky and Telescope - Digital Subscription
Same here.

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #101778 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Sky and Telescope - Digital Subscription
Once again, access to the digital edition is all messed up.
The people who run the digital subscriptions can't seem to get their act together. It's a complete farce to be honest.
I've had to once again email them this evening to try and get it sorted for the November issue.
It's really frustrating to have to go through this every few months and takes from the enjoyment of the magazine.
Anyone else having similar issues?
Michael

More
9 years 7 months ago #101779 by pmc
Hi Michael,

I have a related issue. Being a bit of a dinosaur, I subscribe to the print version. This includes the digital subscription. I am having no problems with the digital subscription. I have downloaded all versions as PDFs up to and including October 2014. However I am having problems with the printed version. My June issue never showed. I contacted them via subscriber services. They had run out, but extended my sub for another month. Then my August issue didn't arrive. I have tried to contact them via the subscriber services on their website, but I have had no reply. . I have attempted this three times already and am running out of patience. I have a funny feeling they are not getting these messages, or else they have major PR problems if they are ignoring me. Do you have another way of contacting them by email? By the way, the September issue arrived when I was expecting it.

Sorry I can't help you with your query, but it shows that the problems seem to be more widespread that just the digital subscriptions.

Regards,

Patricia

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #101785 by michaeloconnell
Patricia
I used to subscribe to the print version but was having difficulties with some issues not showing.
I switched to the digital version as I thought it would be more reliable - kinda difficult for the PDF to get lost, or so I thought...

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds