K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
8 years 7 months ago #104513 by delorean
Hi all, I'm Gerry , new to the forum and new to astronomy .
Got a great gift of a celestron 4se and have spent a few weeks observing the moon and familiarising myself with the sky.
Anyone on here near north Westmeath
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #104514 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
Hi Gerry- welcome to the forum. Im not near westmeath but im sure there's plenty here who are. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new scope and hobbie!

Sean

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #104543 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!

delorean wrote: Hi all, I'm Gerry
Anyone on here near north Westmeath

Hi Gerry,
Welcome to IFAS! You hardly go to observing sessions with the Celestron in the 'back' of the DeLorean, do you? B)

Don't forget, Midlands Astronomy Club ( www.midlandsastronomy.com ) is, kind of, not too far away from you, in Tullamore. We have members from Roscommon and Athlone who make the trip to our events every month. It might suit you now and again to come along, who knows. We're hosting a Perseids StarBQ on Saturday night outside of Tullamore , while our next lecture night will be on Tuesday September 1st. You're welcome to come to either, with no obligation to join, and check us out...

Seanie Morris,
MAC Secretary.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

More
6 years 11 months ago #106582 by coolideas
Replied by coolideas on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Hi guys, always had an interest in astronomy but not the time, getting on a bit now so hopefully getting more time to indulge. I bought a second hand custom made telescope a couple of years ago but the mirrors were poor, well one was broken! Just had the main one redone, wow nor cheap. Now need help in knowing what mirror to get to replace the broken one.

You can find me on Cape Clear Island so not much light pollution here, perfect for star gazing. I look forward to getting started and hopefully posting some pics once I get the hang of things.

More
6 years 11 months ago #106583 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Welcome along coolideas, it sounds like you are in a great location ! I sometimes head down south out by the coast to get great views looking southover the sea.

Keith.

More
6 years 11 months ago #106584 by Fermidox
Replied by Fermidox on topic What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!
Welcome, great location alright but I'd imagine even cloudier than the mainland!

Finbarr.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds