Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 1 month ago #24521 by Seanie_Morris
Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski was created by Seanie_Morris
I suppose its no harm to add about this comet, on the verge of being visible from Ireland. Has anyone had a go at looking for it yet?

This chart shows the expected path of Comet Pojmanski's position, seen in pre-dawn skies over the dates shown. At the time of print, it has appeared as just visible to the naked eye from a very good dark sight, but is expected to reach Magnitude 5, appearing as a small fuzzy star (no tail). Binoculars will show this more clearly.

Diagram © Sky & Telescope magazine.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #24522 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
I was trying for it this morning but i was clouded out just before dawn :cry:

I will be up every morning before dawn for now on until i catch it.

Good luck and clear skies everyone!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
18 years 1 month ago #24523 by kevin
Replied by kevin on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
No Joy on the comet hunt . it stayed clear until 3.30am and then it clouded over completely in the mater of 10 minutes. you could feel something was up as a sudden burst of wind started hitting me. I was really disappointed but this wont put me off. im determined to track this comet down and get a picture.

Anyway clear skies all and take care.

Wrap up warm as it is set to get colder.

Kevin Black

P.S If any sees the comet please TEXT me A.S.A.P as im always on high elert. 07841369969.

More
18 years 1 month ago #24529 by MarkCahill
Replied by MarkCahill on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
SpaceWeather.com has a beautiful picture of the comet:
www.spaceweather.com , go back a days (use view archive to go )and there are more photos.

More
18 years 1 month ago #24532 by Paul Tipper
Replied by Paul Tipper on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
Should be nice and high up in the sky when we're in Turkey at the end of March; when is it due to reach maximum brightness?

Paul Tipper,
South Dublin Astro. Soc.

More
18 years 1 month ago #24542 by kevin
Replied by kevin on topic Re: Comet C/2006 A1 Pojmanski
Hey all im shattered but i think i have some good news. This Morning as i looked at stunning venus, i think i got my first look at Comet Pojmanski. I think! At 5.14am until 5.26am the comet to me could be seen but after this time frame it started to fade into the sunrise twlight. I didnt get a chance of caputuing it due to low fast moving drifting cloud. its was just left of constellation Capricornus. I would describe it as being blueish white in colour with a fuzzy/ hazy centre. as it was so cold my eyes were watering but i think i could just see a slight tail to the upper right hand side

I hope tomorrow is clear because i hopefully have a diffinate sighting and a picture.

Please remember there is only a small window of time to see this comet before it is drowned out by the sunrise twlight. you need to get early.

You must have a nice clear horizon.

Clear skies all.

Kevin Black

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds