K-Tec

IFAS Calander

More
9 years 5 months ago #102137 by yohan
Replied by yohan on topic IFAS Calander
CMYK is what the pic will look like when printed, it is industry standard for poster and other prints. You therefore need to provide your image - with color correction - in CMYK. I am unsure as to how close to RGB you can get in CMYK even after tweaking but the reality is the picture will ultimately look as the CMYK version when printed. Hope that make sense?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #102138 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic IFAS Calander
Hi Yohan, Thanks & yes - all understood about the need for CMYK for the printer......I just never had to look at one of MY OWN images in CMYK before and got a shock when I saw what the software had done to it. But that was several days ago - I have a handle on things now...... I just don't look at CMYK images with ACDsee anymore :-) (That particular programme cannot handle CMYK correctly - as far as I can tell).

The attached images (my last post) were just to illustrate the amount of change I could see on my monitor.

More
9 years 5 months ago #102139 by yohan

Kinch wrote: Hi Yohan, Thanks & yes - all understood about the need for CMYK for the printer......I just never had to look at one of MY OWN images in CMYK before and got a shock when I saw what the software had done to it. But that was several days ago - I have a handle on things now...... I just don't look at CMYK images with ACDsee anymore :-) (That particular programme cannot handle CMYK correctly - as far as I can tell).

The attached images (my last post) were just to illustrate the amount of change I could see on my monitor.

Try Irfanview, you can use specific Profile to match what you use in the main Editor program.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kinch

More
9 years 5 months ago #102140 by Kinch
Thanks - I'll look into that.

More
9 years 5 months ago #102141 by Kinch
Yohan......Just downloaded Irfanview and gave it a quick try........like it and like it again because it is free. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seanie_Morris

More
9 years 5 months ago #102142 by yohan

Kinch wrote: Yohan......Just downloaded Irfanview and gave it a quick try........like it and like it again because it is free. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Simple and effective, download the plugin pack to open CR2 or other RAW format, not sure about FITS... Great on CR2 to see EXIF

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds