K-Tec

Quotes

More
17 years 1 month ago #40273 by Moydrum
Quotes was created by Moydrum
When trying to add a quote I was able to start the quote but couldn't see how to finish it. Is there an instruction somewhere?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #40276 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Quotes
Can you be more specific Moydrum? I am sure you're not talking about the " " stuff... You hardly mean putting something in italics?

If it is about referring to a previous comment in a thread you wish to respond to, simply click on the "["quote]" button, top-right in the actual referring post, instead of just the "[post reply]" button top/bottom-left of the page. That will get you the "quotes" I think you are talking about...

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 1 month ago #40283 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: Quotes

I was able to start the quote but couldn't see how to finish it

Like that you mean?

In the Post a Reply editor, simply click on QUOTE, insert your copied text, and finally click on QUOTE again to finish.
Clicking on the "Quote" button on the thread simply quotes the whole lot rather than just a piece you require.
Hope this helps :!:

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

More
17 years 1 month ago #40296 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Quotes
[code:1][quote]When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.[/quote][/code:1]

gives

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 1 month ago #40312 by Silversurfer
Replied by Silversurfer on topic Re: Quotes
A quick way to do this once the text is copied into the reply box, is highlight the text (within the reply box), then press the quote button. This will both open and close the quote similtaneously, the same technique can be used for formating text, indenting a list or entering a URL.

Martin

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds