• bertthebudgie
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
16 years 9 months ago #47920 by bertthebudgie
Beginners astrophotography forum? was created by bertthebudgie
Hi

May I suggest a beginners astrophotography forum where you can post your own newbie (imperfect) efforts and get advice from other beginners/ experts alike. :)

DB

Eqipment
Lx90 8' SCT, UHC Narrowband filter
SPC900 Webcam, Atik 16ic
Astrozap Dew Heater
Meade eyepieces & barlows 9,26 and 32mm
Moonfish 32mm 2"

"Always pass to the man in space"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #47940 by artyfarty
Replied by artyfarty on topic Re: Beginners astrophotography forum?
I think I would agree with this idea, for myself I'd be embarrassed to post my feeble attempts to date in the current forums.

Having said that I've never seen anyone submit any discouraging comments on any attempts posted (I think thats something you all should be proud of) but boy do my attempts look crap in comparison to yours and hence the reluctance to post them :(

More
16 years 9 months ago #47945 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Beginners astrophotography forum?
TBH I'd rather folks just use the existing section. That section is for astrophotography regardless of your expertise. Splitting it would just create an expert/beginner divide imo.

Then again I never want to create new topics and often suggest getting rid of unused ones 8-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 9 months ago #47946 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Beginners astrophotography forum?
I'm with Albert on this one. The great thing about these boards is that people DON'T belittle other people's work and when beginners ask for pointers they get 'em. The front page is already very cluttered and confusing, I don't think we should add yet another forum to it.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 8 months ago #47997 by mia
Replied by mia on topic Re: Beginners astrophotography forum?
Can I just add, as a starter to a/photography (there has to be an acronym for that, AP maybe?) I've posted my feeble handheld attempts on two forums and have had nothing but encouragement including one member who worked on the images taking off filter hues etc. (I didn't know how!! :oops: )

Maybe more advice regarding processing for beginners on the AP section would be welcome!

I was worried about negative comments but I think people realise we're all on different places on a learning curve, and all the experienced ones recognise themselves in each beginner and are more than prepared to help out.

More
16 years 8 months ago #47998 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Beginners astrophotography forum?

Maybe more advice regarding processing for beginners on the AP section would be welcome!

Good idea.

Any of the more advanced folks feel like putting together a tutorial post about registax, photoshop,etc.? I know many of you use MaxImDL for processing, but a tutorial for basic photoshop would be helpful for those not wanting to invest (yet) in pro astronomy image software.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds