K-Tec

First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014

More
9 years 8 months ago #101497 by manic_dave
Replied by manic_dave on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
yeah its going to lash. Friday night is the only chance

www.skelligstarparty.com
Europe's Darkest Skies
Top 4 Locations in the world to Stargaze by Paste Magazine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Roy Stewart
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2014
More
9 years 8 months ago #101498 by Roy Stewart
Replied by Roy Stewart on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Ye shower of negative nannies..
We'll have a Craic come Hell or High water..

Accuweather once told me it was raining NOW
at my location... Couldn't be more wrong as I had the scope
pointed at some of the clearest skies that year..
So the best weather forecast is a window and look out.

Cheers Roy

#ClearSkies #LunarNut

QUOTE: “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke.
Skywatcher 200pds & HEQ5 PRO Mount , 15x70 Astro Revelation binos.. EP's SW 38mm 2" Panaview- SW 30mm 2" Aero- SW 26mm 2"Panaview.. 2" UHC filter-2" OIII filter.

www.twitter.com/Roydeboy33
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy

More
9 years 8 months ago #101499 by KevinSmith
Replied by KevinSmith on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Suntan lotion - check
Sun Glasses - check
Bucket, spade and fishing rod - check
Hat/Cap - check
After Sun lotion - check
BBQ - Check
Telescope - check
Reading material 'Optimism for Dummies' - Check

Is AA Route Planner (Tralee and then anti-clockwise on the ring of Kerry to Ballinskelligs) more reliable than Google maps (Kenmare - Waterville - Ballinskelligs) for directions. It shows the Tralee route at least 40 min quicker?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Stewart

More
9 years 8 months ago #101501 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
If last night was anything to go by, I'll be bringing thermal long johns, ski pants, parka, winter hat, snow boots and thick gloves, flipping heck it was cold. :pinch: I had to check the calendar that it was still August, I thought it was November.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Stewart

More
9 years 8 months ago #101503 by Lino

KevinSmith wrote: Is AA Route Planner (Tralee and then anti-clockwise on the ring of Kerry to Ballinskelligs) more reliable than Google maps (Kenmare - Waterville - Ballinskelligs) for directions. It shows the Tralee route at least 40 min quicker?

It depends on where you are coming from Kevin. I'm travelling from Dublin (via Limerick / Adare / NewCastleWest / Abbeyfeale / CastleIsland) to Killorgan and then counter clockwise around the ring. If you were coming from the Cork direction, then definitely Kenmare - Waterville - Ballinskelligs. But if your coming from North Kerry / Limerick / ...

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #101508 by manic_dave
Replied by manic_dave on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Weather is showing Friday night to be clear, from 6pm through till Saturday morning at 7am.
But its going to be brass monkeys, thermals and whiskey lads!

www.skelligstarparty.com
Europe's Darkest Skies
Top 4 Locations in the world to Stargaze by Paste Magazine.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by manic_dave.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds