K-Tec

First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014

More
9 years 8 months ago #101574 by john5
Congrats Roy on organising great star party in Ireland's first dark sky site, job well done!

Thanks to Freida Skellig Lodge Hostel for excellent accommodation and special thanks to chef Kevin and Liz for feeding some hungry astronomers for the weekend. Also thanks to Stephen Ktec for quiz prizes. Suggestion: consolation prizes for also rans next year
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, Roy Stewart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #101578 by StephenK

john5 wrote:  Also thanks to Stephen Ktec for quiz prizes. Suggestion: consolation prizes for also rans next year

John, ill refer that to our sponsorship division :-D

Many thanks to Roy for organising such a brilliant event, and for the invite. The skies were fantastic , the company was even better.
Skelligs Lodge couldnt have been better, and thanks to Kevin and Liz for keeping us fed.

Also a small thanks to those of you who picked up various bits and pieces over the weekend from us :-)

Roll on 2015!

Clear Skies,

Stephen

Stephen Kershaw
Ktec Telescopes Ltd
085 - 228 8692
sales@ktectelescopes.ie
www.ktectelescopes.ie
www.facebook.com/ktectelescopes
www.twitter.com/ktectelescopes
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by StephenK.

More
9 years 8 months ago #101579 by RandomPillars
Replied by RandomPillars on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Sounds brilliant. I'm gonna have to go next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Stewart

More
9 years 8 months ago #101580 by Lino
Thanks for a great event Roy. Very well done.

Thanks Stephen (for the help with the telescope on the Friday night), I'll be in contact again about some of the bits that we spoke about.

Regards,

Noel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Stewart

More
9 years 8 months ago #101582 by stevie
I think I'm the only one still awake after that long drive home, so, on behalf of all the NIAAS contingent, many thanks to you all for sharing in a memorable weekend.

Special Thanks to Roy for all his hard work in organising the whole thing, and for being the life and soul of the party.

Many Thanks to Kevin and Liz for the superb barbie, to Stephen K for the prizes for the quiz, and to Frida for putting up with us all with such good humour.

And many thanks also to John for sharing his Captain Morgan rum, very tasty and much appreciated. I'll have to remember the Southern Comfort for next time.

Hopefully Jonathan will put up some of his photos when he recovers, and if any of my photos of the planetary and Moon conjunction are usable (which I doubt), I'll ask him to post those as well.

See you all next time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, Roy Stewart, john5

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #101588 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic First "Skelligs Star Party" August 22nd/23rd 2014
Roy, you :rock: for all the hard work in putting together the weekend and kick-starting what we'd love to see as an annual event.

Many thanks to everyone else who helped out on the weekend, supplied food for the bbq, spot-prizes for the table quiz, etc and all the craic and :grouphug: in the dishco ;)

I'm never drinking again :whistle:

See you all soon!

John
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by johnflannery.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds