K-Tec

IFAS Calendar 2017

More
7 years 8 months ago #106004 by KevinSmith
Replied by KevinSmith on topic IFAS Calendar 2017
Great work John!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #106009 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic IFAS Calendar 2017

KevinSmith wrote: Micheal
It depends on the calendar. I will take one at least. Is there going to be the opportunity for people to enter photos?

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

We are planning to use the photos submitted for the 2016 calendar for the 2017 calendar.

I am thinking of re-starting the photo competition for the 2018 calendar i.e. that month's winder is the calendar photo.
If there is not enough interest in a printed calendar we could produce a PDF.

Would people be interested in running the competition this way?

Michael.

More
7 years 8 months ago #106014 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic IFAS Calendar 2017
Hi Michael,

I think that there will be plenty of interest in a printed calendar - most especially because of all the information that is available on it. It needs more of a push outside of this site, but I guess that will happen via the clubs anyway.

Getting a photo competition monthly winner onto the calendar is a great prize that I am sure many of us would appreciate.

What is needed in tandem with this though is the leg up that many need to put their 1st photo into the public domain. There have been very few that show their efforts on this site - the prime site in Ireland for making that 1st step.
Why so few? I think initially there needs to be some sort of push to get people out with their cameras. Everybody is not going to do Planetary, Deep Sky, Solar images or whatever.....but people need the encouragement to do whatever IS possible with THEIR equipment in THEIR location.

IFAS will want a calendar that stands out with beautiful photos - the best that the country can muster. But IFAS here has an opportunity to promote the best beginner photograph(s) also. It is not going to be easy to work out - and for sure not all will be happy but I really wish we could see new beginnings sprouting in the astrophotography section.

I am unsure what is happening at club level - but hope that the Images of Starlight exhibitions will mean that a few more images start appearing on this site in the Autumn.
Bottom line for me - yes have the monthly competition again - but somehow bring in a possibility for a complete beginner - or most improved beginner - to also get a photo into the calendar. Those starting out need the encouragement so that we are not looking at multiple entries on the calendar from just a handful of people.

Just my thoughts at 0130hrs in the morning :rolleyes:
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, johnomahony, Bruno, RandomPillars

More
7 years 8 months ago #106045 by kmccarthy@amppower.ie
Replied by kmccarthy@amppower.ie on topic IFAS Calendar 2017
Hi Michael,

Yes, I will order two.

Looking forward to it.

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #106254 by michael_murphy
Hello All,

I received the final PDF from John Flannery over the weekend.
Many thanks to John for the work he has put into this.

The calendar will be printed on 100gsm paper with a 200gsm cover.
There will be 28 pages printed on A3 saddle stitched to A4.
This is similar to the last calendar.

The prices (in Euro) are as follows:
NumberCollectedDelivered to IrelandDelivered World-Wide

If you have an order for more than 4, email me on the address below and we can make an arrangement.

I will be at 'Comets, Stars and Mince Pies' in Dunsink on the 2nd December if you wish to collect calendars.
I live in Dundrum in South Dublin and can arrange to meet up to deliver calendars as well.

As I said earlier, we need a minimum of 25 calendars to make this viable so I have set up a gmail account
'ifascalendar2017@gmail.com' to handle orders.

If you are interested in a calendar can you send an email with the number required and delivery address. I will wait until Monday 28th November and if there are enough orders I will send the PayPal address (it will not be the current IFAS one so please don't use that) and put in the order with the printers.

If you've any questions, please mail me or post the question here.

Thanks,

Michael.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by michael_murphy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kinch

• michael_murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago #106259 by michael_murphy
As of 8pm on the 17th we are up to 23 calendars ordered.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds