Supernova SN2005ep - On the Radio

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 6 months ago #16229 by dmcdona
Supernova SN2005ep - On the Radio was created by dmcdona
Folks, thanks to Dave Power :roll: I got a call from RTE an hour ago.

They are coming to my house here in Celbridge on Wednesday to record an article for the science programme on Thursday evening. The subject of course being SN2005ep. The researcher actually sounded really excited and it fits in nicely with their show which is based on Maynooth.

Luckily the show is on RTE Radio 1 :lol:

As soon as I get further details, I'll post them up.

Oh, and here's a pic of my setup. Better get the grass cut before Wednesday :D

Cheers

Dave McD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #16230 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Supernova SN2005ep - On the Radio
Nice one Dave! I bet you're really chuffed! If you need an audience to stand behind you, give us a shout!

:wink:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
18 years 6 months ago #16231 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Supernova SN2005ep - On the Radio
Good idea Seanie! Perhaps if we get a crowd in the sitting room behind him cheering him on. We could all chant "irishastronomy.org" continuously in a low voice so that it's barely audible to the listener in a sort of live national radio mass hypnosis. Anyone else heading over to Dave's place apart from myself and Seanie... :wink:

More
18 years 6 months ago #16233 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Supernova SN2005ep - On the Radio
could you get in a plug for the Whirlpool Star Party in Birr this weekend as well Dave?

no mention of the WSP by Mr. Moore to his membership . . . nonsense really because even though it might be for a different club, I still think it's a newsworthy item regardless of who is running the event.

. . . and don't anyone try and reply saying Shannonside have to contact David, etc., etc. because I've been down that road already trying to act as a mediator and adopting the "sitting on the fence" approach!!!

John

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 years 6 months ago #16237 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Supernova SN2005ep - On the Radio
John - it'll be milked for all its worth! My priorities, in this order, are IFAS, KAS, Whirlpool. And actually there's a nice link there - Rosse spotted the Whirlpool galaxy with the Leviathan. A new supernova was discovered there (M51) a couple of months ago. Cool :)

By the way, I noted the absence of references to Whirlpool in AI which is a shame. But there you go. I sent my article onto AI in the hope they will find it somewhat newsworthy for the amateur community in Ireland. I hope they use it for the benefit of all.

Michael - excellent idea - subliminal hypnosis :D By the way, if anyone fancies coming over, you'd be more than welcome. And I'd appreciate the moral support. I bet RTE would also be delighted to interview more than one person. Let me know and I'll send on directions. They're coming around 12.30pm but will confirm tomorrow.

Cheers

Dave

More
18 years 6 months ago #16239 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Supernova SN2005ep - On the Radio
I look forward to hearing the show

Cheers
Trevor

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds