K-Tec

Open Invitation to EAE Summer Star Parties-Mt Parnon, GREECE

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
15 years 10 months ago #70443 by DaveGrennan
Oooh nearly there and I'm getting all excited. I managed to buy a small tent for just €20! Not exactly Irish weather proof, but should do nicely to keep the greek flies at bay and somewhere to stash the gear during the day. I've secured a compact sleeping bag and an offer of an ETX-70. Somehow the thought of bringing a small scope, when all those big dobs will be about makes me feel light bringing a small apple to an orchard! So for me the bring list looks like

Tent, sleeping bag, walking shoes, modded 350D and lenses, some sort of camera tracking platform. Brim hat and plenty of suncream!

I can hardly wait. Come on wednesday week, hurry up!

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveGrennan
More
15 years 10 months ago #70444 by DaveGrennan

and not missing the Bushmills too much.

Don;t worry John, we'll make sure they don't have to 'do without'. I also have another very nice tincture in mind to bring (Purely for medicinal purposes of course!)

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• Vagelis Tsamis
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
15 years 10 months ago #70447 by Vagelis Tsamis
You guys, with your super-dooper tents, I hope you are wiser than John, who had a tiny little problem...

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

• Vagelis Tsamis
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
15 years 10 months ago #70449 by Vagelis Tsamis
Dave, don't worry bringing an ETX-70. I 'll probably bring a small scope too, ETX-125 (for space gain).
An alternative object list for us small aperturers is Carbon Stars (tons of them) which are my favourite hunt, especially since Yannis (Joker in the Pack) came up with THE list: www.astrovox.gr/forum/download.php?id=6415
I have already entered 20 of them as "User Objects" and I am waiting for the feast.

But in any case, you will all have 2-3 telescopes 8-10 inch for your own observations, and of course, occasionally you can view targets through every large dob or refractor you can spot around.

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

• DaveGrennan
More
15 years 10 months ago #70452 by DaveGrennan

You guys, with your super-dooper tents, I hope you are wiser than John, who had a tiny little problem...

Yeah, how could he be so remiss as to go all that way when the crescent moon was in the sky :roll: :roll:

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• DaveGrennan
More
15 years 10 months ago #70453 by DaveGrennan
Seriously, could you guys do any more for us? Really, I'm flabbergasted by the generousity of our hosts. All I can do is ensure that you will not want for any liquid refreshment of the Irish kind while we are there!

Really guys I cannot thank you enough!

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds