• Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
15 years 10 months ago #70800 by Vagelis Tsamis
Seanie, what a nice surprise!
You are welcome :D
Are you coming to Novosibirsk, too?

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #70803 by james335k
Best of luck lads, i'm sure you'll have a great time. I'm heading over at the end of August and can't wait! You'll have to post a report on the forum when you get back. :D

More
15 years 10 months ago #70804 by Seanie_Morris

Seanie, what a nice surprise!
You are welcome :D
Are you coming to Novosibirsk, too?

I don't know. Given the close proximities of the two meetings, I might have to sacrifice one over the other if I do decide to go! I am already planning on seeing next years total solar eclipse, so I could give this year a miss. I am slo in Belgium first week in September for the F1 Grand Prix. Coupled with the problem that I bet all accommodation is also gone might twist my hand in favour one way over the other might help!

As a suggestion Vagelis, next time you think talking about the August meeting, would you start it in a new thread to seperate it from this one? I meant to ask you to do it for the July one, just so that overlaps and distorted replies from IFAS users would be kept to a minimum. ;)

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
15 years 10 months ago #70807 by JohnMurphy
I really found it quite warm even after the sun had gone down. I thought it strange that most of the Greeks were so well wrapped up in hats and hoodies etc. while I stolled about in shorts and a vest. I did though appreciate my ski pants and boots later in the night, and a warm jacket, with just a vest or T-shirt underneath. Didn't need my hat, in fact I lost it a few times - too hot - and eventually retired it. July should be quite a bit hotter than June so factor that in.
If your staying in a tent then it will be cold when you hit the scratcher. I slept in PJ bottoms and a T shirt and even socks with my jacket over my sleeping bag and this was fine and comfortable.
I so envy you guys heading there in a Group in just a few days time - ENJOY :D

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

• Vagelis Tsamis
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
15 years 10 months ago #70811 by Vagelis Tsamis
If you haven't made reservations so far, well, it is a problem. And there is the visa issue ... bad thing ... So, see you in Greece!
Okie dokie, will comply for August expedition :D

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

More
15 years 10 months ago #70812 by Seanie_Morris
Thanks Vagelis! Also, is there anyone else thinking of going end of August?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds