K-Tec

Guess what I came home to last night?

More
15 years 2 months ago #76154 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re:Guess what I came home to last night?
Exactly.

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #76155 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Re:Guess what I came home to last night?
The annoying sodium light in front of my house just blew in the last 30 minutes. Woo Hoo !!: cheer: Now to stop the neighbours having it replaced:S

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 2 months ago #76159 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Guess what I came home to last night?
If your council is anything like mine then you could be staring at a floodlight in the near future.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
15 years 2 months ago #76160 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re:Guess what I came home to last night?
lunartic wrote:Checking the council's website they have regulations against air pollution and noise pollution, light pollution doesn't exist in their world.[/quote]

DLR seem to have a blind a deaf spot with light pollution. My submissions to the development plan a few years back didn't get acknowledged, even sent one by registered mail. I've never got a response from them to any lighting enquiry.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #76180 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:Guess what I came home to last night?
albertw wrote:

lunartic wrote:

Checking the council's website they have regulations against air pollution and noise pollution, light pollution doesn't exist in their world.

DLR seem to have a blind a deaf spot with light pollution. My submissions to the development plan a few years back didn't get acknowledged, even sent one by registered mail. I've never got a response from them to any lighting enquiry.

That might be different now Al, you know, internal promotions in the DLR district may mean someone with a more open-minded approach now holds the position. You should try sending your letter in again and let us know how you get on.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Seanie_Morris.

• lunartic_old
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 2 months ago #76186 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re:Guess what I came home to last night?
I had a visit tonight from the Green councillor I contacted, Tom Kivlehan, he came and saw the light, had a look in the back garden and informed me that he had contacted the engineer and he is due to visit next week. Tom said to contact him again if the engineer doesn't turn up by Friday next.

He sounded sympathetic to my concerns so I'm hopeful that something will result from this and the problem sorted.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds