K-Tec

C/2020 NEOWISE

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #109171 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic C/2020 NEOWISE
I saw the comet from the summit car park in Howth.  The weather looked like it would not play ball but by 1AM it was totally clear. I was impressed as to how bright the comet was.

[img
C2020 F3 Neowise 11th July 2020 by Michael Murphy , on Flickr
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by michael_murphy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lunartic_old, Paul Evans, flt158, Fermidox, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #109172 by Fermidox
Replied by Fermidox on topic C/2020 NEOWISE
Great pics guys... another fabulous night of observing in Limerick and here is how it looked through the 8-inch SCT at 3.07 this morning -

Finbarr.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Fermidox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic_old, Paul Evans, flt158, emo72, Until_then-Goodnight!

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #109173 by mykc
Replied by mykc on topic C/2020 NEOWISE
Hi All,  Great images, thank you, C/2020 F3 NEOWISE is putting on a wonderful show.  I went out to Wicklow and was delighted with how bright the comet was, it's been so long since we had a good comet.  Luckily there was a lovely display of noctilucent clouds too and one shot of NEOWISE hurtling into a bank of silvery clouds is attached.

Best wishes,
Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by mykc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic_old, Paul Evans, flt158, Fermidox, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #109175 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic C/2020 NEOWISE
Goodness me - these are excellent images gents. Last night was a wonderful experience. It was the first time I've seen a comet, and what a comet to start with! I was at Howth with Michael and other IAS members. There was real excitement when the comet appeared just before midnight. I first saw it through my 10 X 50s, and I was in awe of what I saw. The coma was very bright, and it had the most beautiful tail. Michael has certainly captured its beauty in his photograph - very well done Michael. In addition to bringing my binoculars, I brought my XT6. Using a 32mm plossl, I viewed the comet at 37.5X and I could not believe what I was seeing - I was stunned by the comet's sense of movement. A memory that will be with me forever. 

If that was not enough, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars and the Moon all put on a show for us. There was even time to look at the double-cluster, Beta Cygni, and NLC. What a night!

Clear skies to all,

Darren.

Also, very many thanks Finbarr for answering my earlier questions - that was much appreciated!
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Until_then-Goodnight!.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic_old, Paul Evans, flt158, Fermidox

More
3 years 9 months ago #109176 by Fermidox
Replied by Fermidox on topic C/2020 NEOWISE
One more Comet/NLC conjunction image from county Limerick. There can't have been many bright comets in the past with the correct geometry to have enabled such a spectacle -

Finbarr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, Paul Evans, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 9 months ago #109177 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic C/2020 NEOWISE
Hi Finbarr, 

Another beautiful photo you've taken. Very many thanks for sharing it with us. 

Hopefully, we'll get another opportunity to observe the comet over the next few days. We've cloud skies again! 

Clear skies, 

Darren. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Fermidox

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds