Not feeling well today...

• michaeloconnell
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 11 months ago #47062 by michaeloconnell
Not feeling well today... was created by michaeloconnell
For my sins, I decided to meet up with Dave Lillis over the weekend. Bad news: we went observing for the night in a nice rural location with his 20" Obsessionator. Highlights included tracking the ISS and seeing the shape and structure of it; staring at the inner core of M13 at 500x; looking at the Wild Duck Cluster blazing at me and counting many many cloud belts and several festoons on Jupiter. Unfortunately, I don't feel too well today as these memories are now permanently engraved in my head. Went to the doctor and he can't diagnose the illness at all. Symptoms: checking astromart and other sites for 20"+ dobs. Any idea what might have happened?? Your diagnosis would be greatly appreciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #47064 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Not feeling well today...
As long as its just 20" Dobs you're looking at and you haven't been clicking through on any of your spam mails...

Take plenty of rest in bed, with a warm mug of Cocoa. Oh yes, with all the latest astro mags and your telephone. It'll get you away from the PC screen but I'm afraid its still a terminal illness. the only cure is a bank loan.

When you get the 20 incher, give me a shout about the TEC. Its obviously contagious...

Dave

More
16 years 11 months ago #47065 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Re: Not feeling well today...
Sounds like you've been DOB'D!!
A severe case of aperture fever.
Having looked through the "Obsessionator" myself I can recognise the symptoms.

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

More
16 years 11 months ago #47079 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Not feeling well today...
Well, I was going to ask did you fall off the ladder when I wasn't looking or maybe a severe case of eye strain caused by the brightness of Jupiter.
I did advise you to use the oxygen mask on the top step of the ladder.

But, you're symptoms can only be relieved by ordering the right prescription off astromart or maybe ukastrobuy&sell. :lol:

The Obsessionator strikes again.
We're going to need an ambulance at the WSP me thinks, maybe someone should call the Order of Malta :lol:

PS, I hope staying up till 4 am was worth it. :)

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 11 months ago #47099 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Re: Not feeling well today...
Oh you poor bunny... I'm afraid I have some rather bad news that will only make you feel worse! There is NO CURE for this malady - it can only be treated and kept at bay by buying a large piece of glass. The only problem is that very soon you will need an EVEN BIGGER piece of glass to get the same fix. You will stop eating, sleeping and washing in a hopeless effort to save more money for your next fix, and thus your life will enter a downward and terminal spiral. Added to that is the ultimate irony - irreverseible retinal damage caused by the searing light of Pluto (or possibly Quaoar or Xena) gathered and concentrated by your ultimate (for obvious reasons... blindness) telescope / light bucket!

Comiserations!

Phil.

More
16 years 11 months ago #47105 by Frank Ryan
Replied by Frank Ryan on topic Re: Not feeling well today...
So Mike, when are you moving back to limerick?
I hear there is a house for sale on Daves' street!

:wink:

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds