K-Tec

Irish Astrophotography Exhibition Feb 2nd to 21st 2016

More
8 years 2 months ago #105509 by dave_lillis
Looking forward to visiting this on Saturday

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #105519 by flt158
Valerie and I went to the exhibition today and we both enjoyed it immensely.
We loved the very deep sky images as well as Moon, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn images. The Aurora photos and Deirdre Kelleghan's fascinating drawings were superb. It was wonderful to see a good few eclipses both lunar and solar from times past. They do bring back many happy memories. Many thanks to Keith Geary, Kevin Smith, Eamon Ansboro, Kinch and Dave Lillis for all their fine works amongst many other contributors.

Aubrey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave_lillis, Kinch, KevinSmith

More
8 years 2 months ago #105529 by Bruno
Piece of video from the opening event from Irish TV here: It starts 5:36 into the magazine programme:

www.irishtv.ie/dublin-matters-69

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionsden, michael_murphy, johnomahony, Kinch, flt158

More
8 years 2 months ago #105533 by Bruno
Well, the "Images of Starlight" exhibition finally came to a close today. We have been overwhelmed by the level of interest from the public who came from all over the country to see the show. At times there was a queue of people outside the door and cars waiting to get into the car park stretched down the road outside. The Botanic garden staff have told us that it was the biggest exhibition held there. We estimate there was between 8,000 to 10,000 visitors.

As well as interest in viewing the images, there was also a great deal of curiosity in things astronomical and in the telescopes and cameras which were on show. There have been quite a number of inquiries about joining IFAS clubs and in the next few months we hope to see clubs benefit as a result.

The project team would like to thank everyone who helped make it a success. Most of all a special thanks to all of the photographers who submitted images. Many thanks also to IFAS for joining with IAS and issuing the call for images. A special thanks to the Tallaght Photographic Society and Darragh Sherwin for facilitating a loan of the frames. Thanks are also due to Canon for loaning an excellent Pro 100 printer and supplying the paper and ink. The National Botanic Gardens excellent exhibition space and their staff also played a major part in making the event so successful.

There have been a number of requests to bring the exhibition to other venues including our IAA friends in Belfast who would like to show it there. More about this later.

I have attached a pic of the exhibition at closing time today.

Regards
IAS/IFAS Exhibition Project Team

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionsden, johnomahony, Mike, Kinch, flt158, yohan, KevinSmith

More
8 years 2 months ago #105534 by Kinch
Well done to the project team - you have done Irish Astronomy in general (and most especially those whose images you put on show) a great service. I sincerely hope that you got enough out of it yourselves (personally) to feel that all the hard work was worth it. For sure the clubs around the country will be in your debt... I expect that membership numbers will increase this year as a direct result of your work.

John - please name the project team members - their names should be up in lights here!

More
8 years 2 months ago #105535 by flt158
Hi all.

From left to right we have Michael (?), Elizabeth, Val Dunne, John Dolan and John Flannery.

I am not sure of the first guy's name. He is a true gentlemen and loves carbon stars.

Aubrey.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds