K-Tec

Your best astro-pics

More
19 years 2 months ago #9525 by ro_c
Your best astro-pics was created by ro_c
Hi,

I really like visiting this site, made it a daily occurance to get my fix. However, there doesn't seem to be that many pic threads around with all the cloudy/snowy weather about.

I thought of creating a thread where people would post what they thought were their best astro-pics. Any sort of astro-pic.

I'm only beginning to take snaps and have no proper guiding so no long exposure photos for me :( I posted this recently but it is still my best snap, imo.

What's yours?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9527 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Your best astro-pics
Roc,
you're on to something that has already been expressed alright! Problem is, many of us here are still on less than favourable 56K internet connections! One thing would be to set up your own folder on the Astrophotography section in the Files section - other members have done this already.

Also, when you come onto the site, the opening page at the bottom includes (among the current users online and recent posts) the most recent files uploaded to this site. Keep your eye on that (as I as do) for new astrophotos uploaded by members.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9528 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Your best astro-pics
By the way, that lovely Moon snap didn't come up for me when I read your post first...

...its a superb shot Roc!

:)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9529 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Your best astro-pics
Hi
That is a good idea, thats a nice image of the moon, the ETX90 is a fine scope, one of the guys in the club here has one and I'm always impressed with what you can see through it.
Looking back through all my images over the past 2 years, I can see that there has been an almost drought situation over the lat 4 months regarding images due to the weather.
I remember last year, there were saturn and jupiter images flying in, this year its fairly quiet.
I'll go back over the last year and get my best.
Maybe one "just a camera" shot and one "through the telescope shot"
with detail on here they were captured.

Is anyone here using a "real" CCD camera, Starlight Express/ SBIG etc.....

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 2 months ago #9532 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Your best astro-pics
Dave - the DSI is working well though the learning curve is steep... I'm just processing some images here and I'm getting star pics that go beyond waht Starry Night Pro can give me. I've certainly identified a star in an image of mag 15.12 and there are more there that SNP doesn't have dat for.

I'm trying to use Aladin at the moment to identify stars in my image and get the mags. - another steep learning curve. I'll post it when I'm done

Cheers

Dave

More
19 years 2 months ago #9542 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Your best astro-pics
Dave,
Starry Night Pro comes with a limited catalog.
However, there is an option in of the first few menus which allows you to download more stars from their online database. This'll take you down another few magnitudes.
Clear skies,

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds