K-Tec

I'm putting pen to paper

More
15 years 10 months ago #69462 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper
I agree, its nuts really :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #69463 by Matthew C
Replied by Matthew C on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper
It really is! :roll:

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. . . .
T. S. Eliot
A wise man....

More
15 years 10 months ago #69464 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper

IMHO, from a person with no bias, if this was about, say, an american magazine, there wouldnt be so much uproar about it being posted on these boards and an email being written instead!

But if the same thread appeared about the same hypothetical american magazine each month I think someone would also post and suggest they tell the mag.

I get the impression some people think this is the first thread about A&S mag started by PJ, it's not. Bearing that in mind a re-reading of the first few posts which triggered this shit-storm du-jour might yield a more innocent interpretation.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
15 years 10 months ago #69469 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper

IMHO, from a person with no bias, if this was about, say, an american magazine, there wouldnt be so much uproar about it being posted on these boards and an email being written instead!

But if the same thread appeared about the same hypothetical american magazine each month I think someone would also post and suggest they tell the mag.Bart.

Yes, my response would be the same if it was another magazine.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
15 years 10 months ago #69477 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper
C'mon guys, let it rest.

PJ, your kind words would be appreciated no matter what. Repetition just gets boring, though I will admit you don't do it as regular as you used to! ;)

Dave Grennan, rest assured there is no conspiring within the committee. Hard to believe, I know, but do I look like the kind of bugger that would lie? (It's a rhetorical question, by the way!). We are only about 20 persons, barely 10 of which post even weekly here, so the lack of any responses to so-called AEye/A&S specific threads is down to the tens of other regular weekly users themselves.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
15 years 10 months ago #69486 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper
I did have a long and detailed reply ready but that will only lead to further argument counter argument. So maybe best not go there.

One thing I do want to be clear on my complaint is directed at IFAS in general. I am really sorry that Michael's comment to Paul was the one which fired me off. Michael is a great guy, and has done as much as anyone in this country for astronomy. I have huge respect for Michael and to offend Michael does not give me any pleasure at all. Sorry Mike, I'll call you to discuss soon.

Just one point which I find just a teeny bit offensive:

I think you'll find an excuse to rant about that also

That is simply untrue Albert. If you were to post such a thread I would discuss it with you on its merits/demerits. I am not trawling here looking for an 'excuse to rant' as you suggest. I perceive an injustice (rightly or wrongly) and I comment on it.

Whether my 'perceived injustice' has merit or not will be decided by those reading these posts.

Anyway I've said my bit and others have said theirs, I have nothing further to add.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds