K-Tec

I'm putting pen to paper

More
15 years 10 months ago #69402 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper
I didnt move anything!

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
15 years 10 months ago #69407 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper
Paul,

Many thanks for the comments. They are much appreciated. Its comments just like these which re-enthuse everyone and make us want to go that extra mile each month.

Please do send them to editor@astronomy.ie

Ok forgive me if I got this all wrong but I sense a distinct sense of resentment quite often when A&S is mentioned here on these boards. I don't see such comments when people praise S@N or other mags. Surely if Paul thinks an A&S is worthy of praise then an there is no better place than an astronomy bulletin board to post such comments so that others can have the benefit of Paul's opinion. Others are just as free to say A&S is rubbish if they like.

Indirectly telling someone not to post such comments here is bad form in my honest opinion and doesn't do IFAS justice.

Look I don't want a row but anytime theres been anything positive mentioned about AI or A&S in the past while there has either been a deafening silence or such comments and it annoys the hell out of me for sure.

<rant over>

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
15 years 10 months ago #69409 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper

Ok forgive me if I got this all wrong but I sense a distinct sense of resentment quite often when A&S is mentioned here on these boards. I don't see such comments when people praise S@N or other mags. Surely if Paul thinks an A&S is worthy of praise then an there is no better place than an astronomy bulletin board to post such comments so that others can have the benefit of Paul's opinion. Others are just as free to say A&S is rubbish if they like.

Indirectly telling someone not to post such comments here is bad form in my honest opinion and doesn't do IFAS justice.

Look I don't want a row but anytime theres been anything positive mentioned about AI or A&S in the past while there has either been a deafening silence or such comments and it annoys the hell out of me for sure.

<rant over>

I couldnt agree more.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
15 years 10 months ago #69421 by Petermark
Replied by Petermark on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper
Paul was only conveying his enthusiasm guys.

(Anyway Sky & Telescope is a MUCH better magazine.)

Mark.
Anybody who says that Earthshine is reflected Sunshine is talking Moonshine.

More
15 years 10 months ago #69423 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper

Dave i said DELETE...............not MOVE.

Stop confusing me,LOL.

Although i guess it fits here more then anywhere else.

Paul,

I moved it to the Stellar Media section as I felt it was relevant there rather in the General section. A link was left in the General section to re-direct someone here.
I held off on deleting it as I felt that was perhaps too much a measure. Your sentiments were genuine. All I was doing was highlighting was I felt was an obvious course of action. We get regular comments here on how good the magazine is and we don't delete them.

I think that it a bit OTT Dave and I take offense to that remark.

• paulevans
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #69424 by paulevans
Replied by paulevans on topic Re: I'm putting pen to paper
Hey guys, I thought that particular war was over??

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds