K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
16 years 6 months ago #53492 by cherylkarma
Replied by cherylkarma on topic Hi
Would just like to say hello, and quietly check out whats going on in the northern sky, I did post yesterday regarding the colorful object that swept across the Tipperary sky on the evening of the 25th Oct, which is how I found you all.

A small bit about myself, Im an Aussie, living in Ireland on & off for the past 8 years, self employed pc tech, but qualified as a Network Admin, always looking skywards, have been lucky enough to see both the Southern & Northern lights, and Halleys Comet in the 80's plus many other awesome sights, usually just being in the right place at the right time! I have a small telescope which I am still learning to use, right now I am living in a rural area with a very good unlimited view to the sky with no interferring artifical lights.

Cheers for now.
Cheryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #53498 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Hi

Would just like to say hello, and quietly check out whats going on in the northern sky, I did post yesterday regarding the colorful object that swept across the Tipperary sky on the evening of the 25th Oct, which is how I found you all.

A small bit about myself, Im an Aussie, living in Ireland on & off for the past 8 years, self employed pc tech, but qualified as a Network Admin, always looking skywards, have been lucky enough to see both the Southern & Northern lights, and Halleys Comet in the 80's plus many other awesome sights, usually just being in the right place at the right time! I have a small telescope which I am still learning to use, right now I am living in a rural area with a very good unlimited view to the sky with no interferring artifical lights.

Cheers for now.
Cheryl

Welcome aboard Cheryl, great to have you here. Sure sounds like you have a great place to observe from, I'd give anything for some dark skies!

Feel free to ask any questions here, we're a friendly bunch and only too happy to help!

Clear Skies,

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 6 months ago #53528 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
Hi Cheryl,
Can I ask where in Tipperary are you (without giving a complete address).
You might not be too far from us in limerick, Shannonside AC might be your nearest club, if so you're more then welcome to come along if your interested.
As for Qs, all you need do is put them up.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 5 months ago #54097 by cherylkarma
Replied by cherylkarma on topic Hello again
Hi Dave & crew,

Thanks for the welcome, I guess the closest, biggest town to me would be Cashel, close enough anyway, without giving too much away mind you, not a member of any astronomy group, although I do gather a couple of friends and a couple of bottles of Jacobs Creek & head outside on appropriate evenings, although Im the only one patient enough to use the telescope. Its only after Ive done the hard work that we hear the ooooo's and ahhh's. :D

Cheers Cheryl

PS Where abouts in Limerick? I wouldnt mind catching a meeting or two perhaps.

More
16 years 5 months ago #54099 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
The Deise group in Waterford wouldn't be too far away either Cheryl.

www.deiseastronomy.com/

I didn't see any follow-up on the meteor but maybe drop Astronomy Ireland a line and see if they have received any reports? I think their report e-mail address is observe@astronomy.ie

More
16 years 5 months ago #54100 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
From Cashel, drive to Tipperary town and take the main road to Limerick, its about an hours drive or so, I'm not too familiar with the roads in that area, there might be a more direct route.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds