K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
16 years 5 months ago #54110 by cherylkarma
Replied by cherylkarma on topic Its not a long way.
Oh I know how to get to Limerick, just wondering really which side of Limerick, as in whereabouts? I would think from where I am Waterford would be closer.

Cheers Cheryl :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #54115 by nectarine
Hi Cheryl & welcome!
If you don't mind a bit of a drive, you'd be more than welcome next time Deise Astronomy Club holds an observing session (they are quite infrequent recently though so have a look at our website and I'll pm you if we have a meeting coming up). I live between Dungarvan & Clonmel & also have lovely dark skies - managed to get outside last night for my first look thru' the scope at Comet Holmes (thanks to clouds, clouds & more clouds) but it was worth the wait as it's a magnificent sight.
Happy viewing & hope to meet you sometime soon,

Bernie Foley
IFAS Treasurer

More
16 years 5 months ago #54135 by JenSinc
Replied by JenSinc on topic Hello
Hi all!

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. My name is Jen, Im originally from Dublin but living out in Kildare just over 3 years now. Im very new to all this, have always had an interest in astronomy thanks to my Dad and holidays in Wexford under very dark skies!! I have a small telescope but to be honest I havent really put it to much use yet, at the level Im at I find my binoculars much more useful.

Anyway, hope to talk to you all soon
Thanks, Jen :)

More
16 years 5 months ago #54138 by voyager
Welcome aboard Jen!

I've had a descent telescope for years and I still use my binoculars much more. They're just so handy to grab and head out. Setting up a telescope is just so much more hassle!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 5 months ago #54145 by JenSinc
Thanks Bart,

Yeh the whole setting up the telescope didn't go too well so just thought I'd leave it a while until I had a better idea of what I was doing anyway, getting there, slowly!!

Jen

More
16 years 5 months ago #54181 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
Hi Jen, welcome along! What part of the county of Kildare are you in? If you browse through these boards, you have many options depending on your location (TAS, IAS, KAS, SDAS even). And what kind of a 'small' telescope do you have?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds