K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
16 years 5 months ago #54195 by JenSinc
Thanks for the welcome Seanie

Im in Newbridge? Im not sure which of the clubs Im closest to, am always up and down to Dublin though so wouldn't be a problem getting there.

My telescope is a Bresser Skylux, 70mm I think? It was a present, I'll get around to figuring it out soon!

Regards
Jen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #54205 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
That Bresser is a fab little instrument, mount and all, for the price (I'm not going to tell you as it was a presnt! :P). I'm actually looking for a tube from one (again!) myself.

TAS gets a member or 2 from your neck of the woods now and again. You're kind of half-way between us and the Dublin gangs (IAS and SDAS). Have a look to see where they next meet (location-wise) and you'll soon know if it is near on your travels.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 4 months ago #56239 by Dread
Replied by Dread on topic Hi all
Hello everyone. I've just joined the board after lurking around for a few days, mainly to get the lowdown on the Lidl offers. I've been using binocs for a long time (Carl Zeiss Jena 10X50s) and decided to go for the Bresser 102R. It looked like a good deal and having got a loan of a Meade ETX70 for a few days I figured I wanted something with a little more aperture.

I spent an hour or so this morning assembling it and set it up outside. Not being very patient and knowing Venus was well away from the sun I decided to hunt it down. It didn't take long to find it and so my first observation on my new scope was in daylight :shock:.

After dark I did a few more hours observing picking up M31, M42 and of course Mars. I was able to make out some detail on Mars at 200X. I'm a bit surprised at the weight and bulk of the scope and am wondering how I will be able to lug it to some dark sky. A street lamp to the West and Cork to the south have my sky spoiled. I really only have a half decent view to the east :( .

Anyway, that's my story so far. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and well done on your fabulous site.

Declan

Down with vwls.

Declan
Carl Zeiss Jena 10x50, Bresser Messier R102

More
16 years 4 months ago #56253 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
Welcome Dread, gald you like the site, if you have any questions or anything to ad, just post away.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
16 years 4 months ago #56304 by XULYKS
Hi guys! My name's Greg. Just recently turned 22, and looking forward to an electrican apprenticeship come January.

Went and got a Skylux from Lidl yesterday, and after a night of viewing last night, I'm itching to get back out again. Cloud cover is a problem tonight, but hopefully I'll be looking forward to some clear skies in the coming days :)

Lots of fantastic info on the site, I'll be sticking around ;)

Greg ;)

Update: 17th december 2:45am
Viewed Saturn in all its glory!

More
16 years 4 months ago #56306 by Frank Ryan
Hi Greg.
Welcome.

My goal before the New Year: View Saturn through my Skylux Smile

Let us know how you get on!

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds