K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
13 years 3 months ago #87837 by StephenK

it was a Tasco 114mm newt that was practically given to me after having been used a handful of times then kept in an attic since nineteen-eighty-something. The first time I saw a fuzzy Saturn through a terrible 4mm lens I was hooked and started researching OTAs, mounts and eye-pieces.

Thats exactly what I got when I was 10 . . 25 years ago :bigshock:

A white tube Tasco 11TR!! With horrible .965 eyepieces. Its tucked away in the attic now.

Stephen Kershaw
Ktec Telescopes Ltd
085 - 228 8692
sales@ktectelescopes.ie
www.ktectelescopes.ie
www.facebook.com/ktectelescopes
www.twitter.com/ktectelescopes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #87842 by dmcdona
Seanie - prepare to be sacrificed... :devil:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by dmcdona.

More
13 years 3 months ago #87864 by lionsden
Eh..... Dave, you do know that we're supposed to eat the fatted calf? :bigshock:

No offence to Seanie but I don't think he'll taste as good, no matter how well Dee's been feeding him!

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

More
13 years 3 months ago #87876 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstronomy.org!
There's plenty of Seanie to go around. I'm a self-confessed 'king of the barbecues' so I can tell you which parts are the best to bite into... you can start by biting my ass! :rock:

Seanie
(thinking about a barbecue this weekend now!)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
13 years 3 months ago #87879 by dmcdona
:laugh:

More
13 years 3 months ago #87887 by martinus

StephenK wrote:

it was a Tasco 114mm newt that was practically given to me after having been used a handful of times then kept in an attic since nineteen-eighty-something. The first time I saw a fuzzy Saturn through a terrible 4mm lens I was hooked and started researching OTAs, mounts and eye-pieces.

Thats exactly what I got when I was 10 . . 25 years ago :bigshock:

A white tube Tasco 11TR!! With horrible .965 eyepieces. Its tucked away in the attic now.

Mine is a Tasco 302012. It's well made for what it is and the mount is surprisingly stable. If I want to show my nephews/niece something with no fear of the worst happening (crash, smash) or if I want a quick look at some object it's quite handy. I use plossl's now to be fair so the views are quite acceptable. :)

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds