K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
12 years 9 months ago #90203 by skyxie
LOL
We can share the exploration together !
It's will be an happy journey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #90336 by ezPZ64
Hi everyone,
My name is Richard.
Ever since I was a child I have loved watching the night sky. I'm far from being a child now (some would disagree!) so two years ago I took the plunge and purchased a telescope,(8inch Schmidt-Cassegrain). It is a basic model, no frills, and it came with wedge and tripod. Setting it up became a chore and often the clouds would roll in just after everything had been lugged outside and the whole shebang assembled. I decided to build a small observatory and started work on it last February. It is now complete and my scope is permanently mounted on a good solid pier. I am really looking forward to getting a lot of use from it especially during the winter months.I am lucky to live in South Tipperary where we have really good dark skies. Roll on those cold, clear,frosty nights...brrr!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by ezPZ64. Reason: Forgot to give my name first time.

More
12 years 8 months ago #90337 by peterako
Would love to see pics of the Observatory!

I think I've seen only a handful of clear nights this 'Summer'....

Fingers crossed they re-appear soon!

Clear skies,
Peter

More
12 years 8 months ago #90370 by Lejcyn
Hi all :)

My name is Mariusz and I'm from Poland.
I'm preffer to observing the lunar occultations (central or grazes :) ).
I have a 70/700 refractor and Meade ETX 90/1250 on the Celestron SLT mountage and a lot stuff to occultations. :scope:

Greetings
Lejcyn

More
12 years 8 months ago #90374 by peterako
Welcome Mariusz!

Sorry about the (typically) cloudy Irish skies...that seem to be a bit more persistent this Summer.

Clear skies,
Peter

More
12 years 8 months ago #90383 by beagle
hi Richard , wellcome to the site , I too built a observatory over the winter for a 12 inch newtonian and I too am from south tipperary ,near Cahir , I didnt go the solid pier route yet , still on tripod , does for now , hey , we might even hook up sometime , john....

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds