K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

More
16 years 6 months ago #52777 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
Welcome aboard Vagelis (if you had an 'n' in there, you could have been famous... ;)). Say, if you're going to Novosibirsk, mind letting a few of us tag along next August? :D We are trying to do our best as a group (IFAS) to get a troupe over for the sclipse. Here's hoping.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #52782 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!

Hi everybody,

I am from Athens, Greece, 39 ys. old. I am an amateur astronomer, mostly hunting asteroid occultations. Last August I was involved in a successfull observation of an uranian satellite occ. event. My club in Greece is EAE www.astronomia.org.gr/ (sory, only greek lang!).

Why sign-in here? Well, I have visited Ireland 5 ys ago and I loved the country and the people! But a more realistic reason is that I would like to hear and exchange some info and ideas about the eclipse of August 1. We are many amateurs here that try to find a good/better/best scenario for the Novosibirsk expedition!

My greetings to all!

Small world ... the internet has NO borders.

Geia soy Vaggeli! :lol:

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
16 years 6 months ago #52783 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!

Welcome aboard Vagelis (if you had an 'n' in there, you could have been famous... ;)). Say, if you're going to Novosibirsk, mind letting a few of us tag along next August? :D We are trying to do our best as a group (IFAS) to get a troupe over for the sclipse. Here's hoping.

Seanie,

A local amateur checked around for pricing and it seems our friends in Russia will not commit to any pricing when it comes to accomodation. I suspect they are looking to gauge with a last-minute announcement.

Any news from your side in relation to a mass excursion?

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
16 years 6 months ago #52789 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!

Any news from your side in relation to a mass excursion?

Not wanting to deviate too much from the theme of the thread, but we won't know till around Christmas or thereafter. One of our gang is working through some channels via a Scottish contact who has direct links in Novosibirsk. Fingers crossed.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 6 months ago #52814 by Vagelis Tsamis
Replied by Vagelis Tsamis on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
Hi Frank, Hi Seanie, Hi Anthony,

Thanx for the welcome!
Making plans for Novosibirsk is like fever. Here we are a group with very strong bonds between us- Anthony can testify. We go observing very often, thanks to the mild climate and clear skies in Greece.
It would be wonderfull to meet each other in Novosibirsk, or even go together.
Anyway, I think what's of top priority here is to book the air tickets. We will find accomodation one way or another, Novosibirsk is a big city.

PS: I can play the accordeon, hope never dies!

Vagelis

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

More
16 years 6 months ago #52815 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
I received this link from a former German colleague of mine. Flight from Frankfurt. (36 hour trip)

www.eclipse-journeys.com/2008/journeys/eclipsetour15-2008.pdf

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds