K-Tec

Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007

More
17 years 1 month ago #41958 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007
It was a fab night here in Dublin, I got so much data (over 1GB) that it'll take days to sort through. I was mainly concentrating on getting as many stars as possible in my shots for parallax co-ordination with Sky at Night.
Anyway here's the first - not the prettiest, as I was doing this for scientific purpose - still its pretty enough. I count about 27 stars in this shot - how 'bout you?

Shot with Canon350D and Celestron C102SLT @ ISO400, 10 second exposure from Lat N 53 16 30, Lon W 06 20 12, shot at 23:24:27 on 03-03-2007.

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #41963 by pulsar
I thinl I can beat that! :D I got nearly 10GB.

===========================
Daniel
Did I ever tell you about my universal theory?
U=MB. The Universe is just one big milk bottle!
www.pulsar.co.nr

More
17 years 1 month ago #41965 by SimonLogan
Replied by SimonLogan on topic Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007
Hi Guys,

That was a great eclipse. Seeing the moon quite dim with stars nearby (in binoculars) made it look like one of those "artist's impression of a distant planet" pictures you see in the astro mags sometimes. Beautiful sight. Saturn looked lovely nearby too. I'm also amazed that it was such a clear night, as Bangor is such a terrible astronomy location. It's pouring here now so the Lord must have been listening to me last night!

Simon

More
17 years 1 month ago #41967 by lunartic_old
Replied by lunartic_old on topic Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007
Hi all

Checking my notes from last night I see that at 22.40 that the region of the moon north of Plato and Mare Frigoris had definitely taken on a blue-green hue, and it was a nice contrast to the copper colour in the southern region.

It was a great eclipse and I would like to congratulate everyone on their excellent photographs.

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
17 years 1 month ago #41968 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007
Great images lads, I re-read the last few pages here written during the eclipse, and you can really get the atmosphere, this is what this website is all about. :P
I think the eclipse image winner will be from the eastern or northern side of the country, over here in the west we were hazed out for alot of it.

During totality, the moon was almost invisible through the haze with the naked eye, one edge of it did stay brighter then the rest of the disk. Looking at starrynight, one edge of the moon did stay particularly close to the umbra/penumbra edge which explains the edge, the moon did not pass through the center of the shadow.
I'll be spending the next few days processing the images.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
17 years 1 month ago #41971 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007

I'm just watching this one and leaving the camera to one side - it's a while since I saw a lunar eclipse.

It would have been interesting to see what the modified 300d could have done with the eclipse.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds