K-Tec

Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007

More
17 years 1 month ago #41974 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007
I took a few images with it in partial phase. As the modified camera is alot more sensitive to the red channel, the images were much redder than normal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #41975 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007
Hi guys,
well, it's morning now, the wind is blowing, and the rain is really coming down! I am just catching up with this thread on the eclipse (haven't check Reports or Photography forums yet). It was quite a sight what I saw up my departure to work (22:30) and when I got there (23:00). I showed some members of staff where I was gigging the eclipse, and through the binoculars. Even with the high-wattage sodium lights illuminating the carpark, they were quite impressed. Suited me. I got to see about 20 minutes of totality before I was locked indorrs for the next 4 hours.

At least the appetites are now satisfied!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 1 month ago #41978 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday March 3rd 2007

Wooooooooooow!!!, there is a tiny white limb on the red moon, perfectly clear as seen from limerick, it so reminiscent of the solar eclipse last year !

That was my exact sentiment too! Right just before Totality (around 22:40 while I was driving through some unlit bog country on my way to work), it was just like Turkey all over again! Awh, the memories, and the delights, only in reverse!

:cry:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

More
17 years 1 month ago #41979 by Seanie_Morris

Well, I think you will all agree that tonight has been a night to remember.
March 3 2007: Lunar Eclipse

Several Irish Astronomers Battle Against the Elements to see the Lunar Eclipse Starring Celine Dion, Tom Jones and Rowan Atlinson (the obligatory lunatic)

Coming soon to a theater near you

Who gets to be the lunatic? I've got a few suggestions I can give you! ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.

More
17 years 1 month ago #41980 by Seanie_Morris

that has got to be worth an oscar or 2

Or even a Golden Raspberry! :P

Midlands Astronomy Club.

More
17 years 1 month ago #41981 by Seanie_Morris

I thinl I can beat that! :D I got nearly 10GB.

I think you'd need to get out more, and maybe not with the telescope! Sure, with the 10gigs you got, I don't think you'll be getting out at all, you'll be excited to sift through all that eclipse material. But, I know where you're coming from - it was like that for some of us that were in Turkey for the opposite eclipse. :)

Midlands Astronomy Club.

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds