K-Tec

APRIL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNER! (2006)

More
17 years 10 months ago #29487 by Paul FitzGerald
Replied by Paul FitzGerald on topic Re: APRIL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNER!

... some tasty greek cuisine for Dave's dog no more than 10 euro ...

As any little saving helps, maybe a bright coloured ball for <€5 might be cheaper but just as effective for the dog, eh Dave :wink: :lol:

Paul Fitz
MAC Treasurer

'Astronomy shows how small and insignificant and rare and precious we all are.' - Contact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #29523 by dmcdona
Anthony, the address is:

Áras an Uachtaráin,
Phoenix Park,
Dublin 8

When you send the xmas card, don't forget the cheque.

As for your estimated intinerary costs, do you really think 50 euro will cover a cab? Rip-off Ireland is alive and well. Budget at least double.

If you're bringing in tasty greek cuisine, let me know. I'll visit you in Mountjoy whilst you are sampling the hospitality of the Department of Agriculture... As Paul says though, a brightly coloured ball would suffice admirably :D

More
17 years 10 months ago #29524 by dpower

Anthony, the address is:

Áras an Uachtaráin,
Phoenix Park,
Dublin 8

Just tell the big red headed guard at the door that Dave Mc Donald sent you. Something about M15, or was that MI5...

Seanie, didn't you get my entry ?

Well done Michael!

IFAS web team

More
17 years 10 months ago #29525 by dmcdona
Dave P - your a tad out of focus there and the vignetting is pretty severe. Colour balance looks out on my monitor and there's a lot of dust motes visible. Not a particularly good image really. But hey, not bad for an ETX70....

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 10 months ago #29527 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: APRIL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNER!
Plus Dave P, there is a huge halo going on around the galaxy - a slight bit of overexposure I think.

Unfortunately, for the competition, I didn't receive your entry in time... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seanie.

P.S. On a more 'serious' note, that is some picture. Just look at all the tiny galaxies in the background once you bring it to full size... :shock: Wow! And NASA wants to get rid of Hubble?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 10 months ago #29532 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: APRIL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNER!

Anthony, the address is:

Áras an Uachtaráin,
Phoenix Park,
Dublin 8

I suspect we have a facility for "guest accomodation" ... longterm accomodation with select company and friends! LOL!

When you send the xmas card, don't forget the cheque.

But does the facility not provide for meals and clothes?

As for your estimated intinerary costs, do you really think 50 euro will cover a cab? Rip-off Ireland is alive and well. Budget at least double.

I guess Irish cabbies have taken lessons from our local cabbies .... you can take the train from the airport into the city for 6-8 euros or you can take a cab and pay at least 30 euros (plus premiums based on the number of pieces of luggage).

If you're bringing in tasty greek cuisine, let me know. I'll visit you in Mountjoy whilst you are sampling the hospitality of the Department of Agriculture... As Paul says though, a brightly coloured ball would suffice admirably :D

Department of Agriculture, huh? Are the meals based on organic food products??? LOL!

By the way, AP swears on a stack of bibles that my unit ships this coming Monday since the rotating adapter (1200RPA) is now back in stock. Let's see?!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds