K-Tec

WOW What A Bow!!!

More
17 years 11 months ago #28400 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
Halo Seanie
You complain about seeing too much soo called 'weather' images and no astronomy. Where is your images??? You love to get a good dig in where ever you can. To be honest i think your are doing very little for this forum! Your bringing it down with your smart comments and pittyfull replies. Your stats as a Moderator has already been talked about and you were nearly taken off, only for martin to come to the rescue and say you could stay. You say others have been talking about us on here? Is there some sort of discussion going on behind our back? Who are these other people, if they feel so strong about it then they should voice there oponion. Really the only bitching going on is you crying over what you want but im sorry to tell you seanie, the bows & atmos are here to stay! :wink: :lol:

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #28401 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
I for one am not afraid to say I have zero interest in rainbows and all that, I see enough of them outside my window!

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
17 years 11 months ago #28402 by Conor
Are you saying then you disagree with them on the forum?

More
17 years 11 months ago #28403 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
Personally, I think it might be a good idea to bring back an "Atmospherics" forum. At least it would give a suitable "home" to all these "grey" areas such a rainbows, sun dogs, rays, aurorae, etc. I don't mind seeing the occasionally photo or report about these atmospheric effects. In small doses, they are quite nice.

However, Dave Mc did raise a valid point about posting constantly on the same topic on a near-daily basis. A point can arise where people may get tired of them. However, in your (Martin & Conor) defence, it is very easy for people to just not click on these topics. You run the risk of "crying wolf" perhaps - what i mean is that people may decide not to click on your posts and miss an exceptional sun halo, or whatever, because of the volume. Perhaps cherrypicking the best of them would be an idea...

I would also add that a few people here need to get a grip on reality and grow up a little. This isn't the first time this issue has arisen. If this is all they have to worry about....
:roll:

More
17 years 11 months ago #28408 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!

Are you saying then you disagree with them on the forum?

Lets cut to the chase here, I do not think they should be in this forum, they should be in an atmospherics/weather forum, not the observing reports forum, thats my opinion.

I second Michaels comments, if I were to put a pick of everthing I took in the sky up here, I would have something up every week, but I dont. I only put up unusual images or ones I particularily like, remember the M42 fatigue...

I look outside and see grey cloud and rain, I open this astronomy site to get some sort of respite and find more damn clouds and rainbows, what irony. :lol:

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
17 years 11 months ago #28409 by Conor
Dave some people like them others dont? Look at the images...there is replies & there is views. We get no where with a 50/50 vote on what can and cant go on the forums. I will asked the question again (we were already told we can) Can we post these images on the forum?

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds