K-Tec

WOW What A Bow!!!

More
17 years 11 months ago #28416 by Conor
Replied by Conor on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
No problem Dave! Im glad this is sorted. I hope Seanie will not make any more of his usual comments. Now back to some revising
Cheers Conor :)

Moderator of Photography Forum:

www.freeimagebrowser.com/gallery/index.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 11 months ago #28418 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
Guys im not offended in any way and do not see this as a persoanl attack at all and would understand your decision on this what ever way the dice rolled.

But there was a few comments by a certain individual that i do consider personal attacks...no guessing who he is. :)

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
17 years 11 months ago #28419 by dpower
Replied by dpower on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
Far be it from me to stay out of a flame war :D

I personally don't have any objections to the atmospherics that are posted, but for the sake of organisation I think they should have their own forum category. On a rainy day there's bugger all else to look at.

I don't think they belong in Observing Reports- nothing more than an opinion, but I think that should be strictly for objects that lie beyond earth. It's just what I'd expect to see there.

But the pics should be somewhere on the website if that's what people want to look at or post. Not because of the 'is it astronomy' argument, but because this is a community. People have posted lots of things here that are vaguely related to astronomy, but that they believe people who are interested in astronomy will find interesting- afterall a lot of areas overlap.

0.02c

Dave P

Also, let's attack the post not the poster eh? Seanie just expressed his opinion and did so in an inoffensive manner

IFAS web team

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 11 months ago #28421 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
Well said Dave!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
17 years 11 months ago #28423 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
For the record, the Blog idea is my idea. I've been toying with the idea of an IFAS 'planet' for a while now.

For those of you not familiar with the concept of a blog I give you my humble and nerdy blog as an example: www.minds.nuim.ie/~voyager/blog/ . My blog tends to focus on the more nerdy topics out there and in particular on software development and general use of the good old Mac. That's just my topic area of choice, Martin and the guys would be able to run a great blog on the atmospheric stuff and those of us interested could visit the blog and/or subscribe to the RSS feed, those of us not interested could ignore it.

Now, what has all this got to do with Planets? Well, there is software called 'Planet' that collates related blogs into a single 'uber blog', or planet. An example would be 'Planet Minds' which is an aggregation of the blogs of a load of guys from the NUI Maynooth Net Soc (MiNDS>), to see what I mean have a look here: www.minds.nuim.ie/planet/

If enough Irish observeres started to blog then we coudl set up and IFAS planet which I think would be a lovely resource.

Anyhow, last thing I'll say is place keep it civil folks, we are all friends here and there's no need to get nasty.

Now, unless I'm much mistaken, it looks like it's gonna be a clear night tonight so lets see lots of observation reports!

Bart.

*wanders off to dust off telescope*

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 11 months ago #28425 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!

Halo Seanie
You complain about seeing too much soo called 'weather' images and no astronomy. Where is your images??? You love to get a good dig in where ever you can. To be honest i think your are doing very little for this forum! Your bringing it down with your smart comments and pittyfull replies. Your stats as a Moderator has already been talked about and you were nearly taken off, only for martin to come to the rescue and say you could stay. You say others have been talking about us on here? Is there some sort of discussion going on behind our back? Who are these other people, if they feel so strong about it then they should voice there oponion. Really the only bitching going on is you crying over what you want but im sorry to tell you seanie, the bows & atmos are here to stay! :wink: :lol:

You see Conor, here is another aspect I am feeling from when you and Martin post here... its the feeling that "these guys don't do observing, so we'll post all of our stuff". I get the feeling that you guys want to shove it in my face, and other faces here too. I've been holding back saying it out loud, but I think its time it was said. I think you want to say "Feck them - we'll show them what observing is all about!"

I just don't have an ego.

But, if you would like to come down sometime and go over my 17 years of notekeeping on my astronomical endeavours, with scores of notebooks, sheets, drawings, and photographs, I'll have the kettle piping hot by the time you get here. Go on, make all the digs about "you know we'll never get down to see them Seanie, so why say that?" Because I can, and the evidence is here with me.

Oh, and the thing about you and Martin saving me? From being stripped of Moderator? Please....

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds