K-Tec

WOW What A Bow!!!

More
17 years 11 months ago #28435 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!

Dave the field of view of my camera is very small which is why i take a number of images to capture and express the full size range of haloes and rainbows etc. Some of them are zoomed in on certain points of the phenomena to show foreground objects etc for contrast and comparison..thats my reason for doing this. I will try to tone it down abit though.

Ahhh - I see. With all you new found fame, perhapes a wide angle lens paid for out of the royalties? :D

Tone them down if you feel it necessary - but not just on my account. Keep them coming but try to make sure the image/post is going to wow us and looking for more!

Cheers

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #28436 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
Oh the irony of it all!!!!!

I'm under doctors orders to de-stress a little (well a lot actually) so I've decided I need to get out under the stars more often so to encourage me to do that I've decided to do the Novice Observing Challenge and try to get it completed by the end of the year.

How does all this relate I hear you ask? Well, as my printer was spooling out the pages I couldn't help but notice an entire section dedicated to .... wait for it .... Atmospheric Optics! So that settles it, in IFAS Atmospheric optics ARE astronomy! :)

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 11 months ago #28437 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
I will try my best Dave...i could do with some cash to get that DSLR i have always been after.

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
17 years 11 months ago #28438 by dmcdona
Bart - you have a great opportunity tonight. Its not too cold and its clear skies in Celbridge.

Go grab a beer and the binocluars plus a deckchair and give the challenge a good old lash. And if the beer is too tasty, forget he challenge and just enjoy! (both sky and beer :wink: )

And that's peach about the Atmospheric Optics!

Dave

• martinastro
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
17 years 11 months ago #28439 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: WOW What A Bow!!!
LOL talk about Synchronicity!!!!! - must be a sign :)

Best of luck with your observing programme!!

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

More
17 years 11 months ago #28440 by dmcdona

I will try my best Dave...i could do with some cash to get that DSLR i have always been after.

Get your letter off to the North Pole now to beat the rush :wink:

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds