K-Tec

Feedback on the new site

More
15 years 7 months ago #73221 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re:Feedback on the new site
darragh wrote:

stepryan wrote:

i am getting a strange bug today where if i click on a forum i get a sql error and it does not show the forum. if i click on the last post i can see the post though. below is what comes up in my browser, both firefox and ie which i tried.

The disk with the database become full which caused errors in the database which in turn caused the errors you saw.
I have now freed up a load of space on this disk, so it should be ok now

Darragh

thanks darragh for the quick response it is fine now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 years 7 months ago #73253 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re:Feedback on the new site
Folks, at the IFAS council meeting in Birr yesterday, we discussed the web-site.

The council would like to take the opportunity to offer those who worked/are working on the site our sincerest thanks.

It is a credit to those involved that the switch-over went extremely well and we now have a lovely new home with tons more functionality than before and gives us lots of scope for further improvement in the future.

Sure, there are a few minor niggles but on the whole, we all agree that you all did a fantastic job and all your hard work is very much appreciated.

What's more, all this work was/is done purely voluntarily and that is where the true credit lies. So please, all those involved, take a well deserved bow.

The IFAS Council

More
15 years 7 months ago #73256 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:Feedback on the new site
Well done lads and thanks for your hard work!

More
15 years 6 months ago #73651 by Paul FitzGerald
Replied by Paul FitzGerald on topic Re:Feedback on the new site
Lads, it is truely great work, & I for one marvel at it.

If I can point to a few issues I've noticed:

- I'm not able to preview my reply to a topic before submitting.

- The Start/Previous options don't always work e.g. on the recent topics about Dave's asteroid & The Sky @ Night trip. Instead I have to work back through each page individually.

- The 1st page of a thread can not sometimes be viewed. QED the above two e.g's again for this.

- The time elapsed since the previous reply is shown rather than the actual time it was posted. I found the latter to be more useful.

- As I've not e.g. posted pics since the new site went live, I don't seen to be able to locate the stickies for this or other directions/guidlines.

But again, keep up the great work.

Paul Fitz
MAC Treasurer

'Astronomy shows how small and insignificant and rare and precious we all are.' - Contact.

More
15 years 6 months ago #73673 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re:Feedback on the new site
Thanks for the feedback Paul. A new update to the system software is in the offing according to Darragh. It is just a matter of putting aside time to do this. With that, more bugs will get fixed. For some, there's just no point (as some are just semantics and preferences), as the update will revert to updated origials and then manpower required to add certain features AGAIN. It was the same with phpBB - not all system updates to that software allowed for extra features to be maintained the same way. Stickies etc are lost in time as regular posts, but if you use the top-most Search field (under the banner at the top) to look for your query, you should get a result that way.

Cheers,

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
15 years 6 months ago #73721 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re:Feedback on the new site
I would like to just echo previous comments. The web team have done an outstanding job and deserve our sincerest praise and thanks.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Moderators: darragh
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds