Ldn 673

1 month 5 days ago #109352 by richardsweeney
Ldn 673 was created by richardsweeney
I managed to get a couple of clear nights last weekend in the south of Ireland.
Conditions were poor with high cloud at times but nice to get anything at all. I'm hoping to start my Autumn/Winter project soon so even though this needs more time i doubt i'll get round to adding to it.

Ldn 673 is a dark nebula of dust and gas in the constellation of Aquila. This molecular cloud is massive around 67 trillion kms across, and it is between 300-600 light years from Earth.  LDN 673 lies in front of the larger Aquila Rift that is part of the Great Rift in the Milky Way stretching from Centaurus to Cygnus.

Taken with my Asi2600mc through a Tak Epsilon 130, 5.5 hrs in 180 second subs.

Mounted on an AzEq6Captured with SGPro, satcked in APP, processed in APP, PI and PS.

Richard.

File Attachment:
Ldn 673 by Richard Sweeney , on Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic, Kinch, mykc, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 5 days ago #109353 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic Ldn 673
Thanks for posting Richard. Nice to see a real dark "LDN" object like this. 

I find brighter objects much easier  - so hats off for the finish on this one. I have tried one LDN object recently and I will put it up later today. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 5 days ago #109354 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Ldn 673
Hi Richard.
I have seen these LDN designations on my Guide 9.1 DVD.
But I had no idea what any of them look like.
Your image of LDN 673 in Aquila helps to solve that mystery.
What a beautiful sight it is to see this dark nebula here on the IFAS website.
Your stars have delightful spikes too.

There is another dark nebula which is shaped like a large letter "E".
But I don't remember its designation off hand.
It might have been discovered by E. E. Barnard.

Clear skies from Aubrey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 5 days ago #109355 by richardsweeney
Replied by richardsweeney on topic Ldn 673

Kinch wrote: Thanks for posting Richard. Nice to see a real dark "LDN" object like this. 

I find brighter objects much easier  - so hats off for the finish on this one. I have tried one LDN object recently and I will put it up later today. 


Thanks Brendan. I look forward to seeing your image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 5 days ago #109356 by richardsweeney
Replied by richardsweeney on topic Ldn 673

flt158 wrote: Hi Richard.
I have seen these LDN designations on my Guide 9.1 DVD.
But I had no idea what any of them look like.
Your image of LDN 673 in Aquila helps to solve that mystery.
What a beautiful sight it is to see this dark nebula here on the IFAS website.
Your stars have delightful spikes too.

There is another dark nebula which is shaped like a large letter "E".
But I don't remember its designation off hand.
It might have been discovered by E. E. Barnard.

Clear skies from Aubrey.


Thanks Aubrey. I was actually about to image the E and switched last minute to this. Might get a chance next year as my attention now is moving to my Autumn/Winter project. A 6 panel mosaic of an object that i feel deserves more attention than it gets. It will take many nights as i need about 5 hours per panel. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 4 days ago #109363 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Ldn 673
Hi Richard, 

Congratulations on producing this wonderful image. There is a real sense of depth to it that draws one into the image. I'm very much looking forward to looking at your next project... Sounds interesting! 

Clear skies, 

Darren. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 days ago #109368 by richardsweeney
Replied by richardsweeney on topic Ldn 673

Until_then-Goodnight! wrote: Hi Richard, 

Congratulations on producing this wonderful image. There is a real sense of depth to it that draws one into the image. I'm very much looking forward to looking at your next project... Sounds interesting! 

Clear skies, 

Darren. 


Thanks Darren. I'm excited about it as it's rarely imaged and I don't believe I've seen a mosaic of the area before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum