K-Tec

Is Riversdale House b&b close to a dark sky?

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
3 weeks 16 hours ago #112364 by Neil40
Hi all, I hope everyone is well. Does anyone know if there is somewhere suitable to set up my little Seestar for imaging near this b&b in Glendalough? Trooperstown lodge is closed and I dont drive so ill be getting a lift down with my Seestar and my car jumper battery and shall be on my own. 
There's a b&b in Trooperstown but its a half hour walk from the caspark.  Its all very last minute!  Has anyone ever stayed there?  Thanks

Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 hours ago #112365 by michael_murphy
Replied by michael_murphy on topic Is Riversdale House b&b close to a dark sky?
Hi Neil,

I've never been there but looking at Google maps it looks like the B&B itself might work (assuming they don't have too much in the way of outside lighting).
It also looks like there is a path to the Miner's way walking trail. This might get you far enough away from the B&B to image.
If that doesn't work out, there is a forest path about 500M down the road from the B&B on the other side. Disadvantage is it requires walking on that road after dark.

Hope this helps,

Michael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
3 weeks 2 hours ago #112366 by Neil40
That great Michael thanks. Ill go so. And I have a powerful torch so if I do any road walking ill be brighter than any car! I'm excited now!
Thanks again. I'll let you know how I get on.

Neil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
1 week 2 days ago #112374 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Is Riversdale House b&b close to a dark sky?
Hi Neil,

Did you end up going?

Sounds like it would've been a great trip.

Clear skies,

Darren.

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
3 days 21 hours ago #112379 by Neil40
Hi Darren, yes I went. I got a lift from my brother early, and scouted around. Beside the a@b was good for setting up.
Then as the evening slowly turned to night the Clear Outside app started to show more and more cloud as did Accuwrather. Kind of like today!
I got about 6 minutes of M13.
So the trip was a bust. But thats all part of astronomy I suppose. :(

Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 days 17 hours ago #112381 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Is Riversdale House b&b close to a dark sky?
Sorry to hear that Neil...not to worry...atnleast you managed to get some imaging done.

Clear skies,
Darren.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds