K-Tec

IFAS 2015 Calendar NOW ON SALE!

More
9 years 5 months ago #102485 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic IFAS 2015 Calendar NOW ON SALE!
Cheers guys for pointing out the price differences. We can certainly look at the postage costs again and check if they are correct.

I'm not sure about discounts if you buy 2 or more calendars. That is something the IFAS Committee will have to mull over (I'm not on the Committee). However, the IFAS organisation is the sole beneficiary of the profits from the sale of the calendar and I'd be reluctant reduce the unit price for 4 or less copies.

The charities I know of or those who family or friends are involved with don't seem to offer discounts on a few items ordered because people know all the profits will go directly to those organisations. I've bought bulk copies of a Cystic Fibrosis charity's recipe book before but did not get a discount. The same with Christmas cards, etc.

Anyway, as mentioned, we can see what the IFAS Committee says but thanks everyone for all the suggestions and input so far ... this will help plan future editions of the calendar. An awful lot of hours has been put into doing up the monthly notes but it has been very rewarding in seeing the positive feedback and kudos to date.

... now all we need are some clear skies for the celestial highlights of 2015!!!

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #102486 by yohan
Replied by yohan on topic IFAS 2015 Calendar NOW ON SALE!
Discount I suggested is purely based on postage, I could be wrong!

More
9 years 5 months ago #102487 by KevinSmith
Replied by KevinSmith on topic IFAS 2015 Calendar NOW ON SALE!
Thanks John.

I can possibly understand that no discount would be given on multiple orders (even though postage should be less) but to increase the price if you order more than one doesn't make sense at all - never matter how you look at it. To be frank I was going to order 8 copies but if I am now forced to order individually 8 times over to get the cheaper rate I probably wont bother and I will go ahead an order 1 copy only.

Kevin

More
9 years 5 months ago #102488 by johnflannery
Sorry guys, I picked up the comments wrong ... I had thought it was in relation to the cost per calendar but can now see what you mean about the postage being more if you order 4 together than buying one calendar four times (postage €1.65 * 4).

I'll have a look at the thread on the Committee forum and will report back on what the pricing was based on a trip to the local post office.

Talk to y'all in a minute,

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinSmith

More
9 years 5 months ago #102489 by johnflannery
Okay, it looks like the postage is correct and is based on what An Post charge by weight. Unfortunately this means that if you buy 4 calendars together it will push the postage cost into one of their higher brackets because of the weight.

I worked out the following (for postage to the island of Ireland) ...

Separately buying four calendars will cost you €30.60 (4 * €7.65)

Separately buying two calendars twice will cost you €28.90 (2 * €14.45)

Separately buying three calendars and then one calendar will cost you €30.25

So it looks like buying in blocks of two will save the most money. I guess we can look at bigger bulk orders if anyone wanted more than 4 and a mail to the ifas2015calendar@gmail.com address with an enquiry will be the best route to discuss postage costs.

The postage can be crippling though and when I was selling books a few years ago on UK Astronomy Buy and Sell a few potential buyers in the UK withdrew their interest when the cheapest postage was €7.50 for even some of the smaller books. We are paying a lot here for deliveries.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: yohan

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 5 months ago #102493 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic IFAS 2015 Calendar NOW ON SALE!
The postage costs are from An Post, and are based when I called in at the counter and priced the bulk postage for 1, then 2, then 3 and then 4 calendars. It is costly.

In business, I also use a courier service, where I can get a 30kg parcel delivered anywhere in Ireland for €8!!! However, if I were not a customer of the courier company and just walked in to get the same parcel delivered once-off, I'd be looking at around €20!! Madness, I tell you...

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds