K-Tec

Galway Astronomy Festival 2015 "New Worlds - New Horizons"

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #103246 by Frank Ryan
Superb event and well done to all! From experience I know just how difficult and all consuming it is running an event like this and all I can say is it is hugely appreciated. The variety and standard of the talks were top drawer as were the exhibitors. The meal was delicious and of course, the company was what made it really special. Aside from the 'under the stars star parties' these kind of events are a well needed chance to meet and mingle with all those that are into the hobby, developing relationships and dare I say, life long friendships. I've been out of the astronomy loop for several years due to family / work and it was great to catch up and sort of kick start the interest again. Bravo Ronan & team!

My Astrophotography
Shannonside Astronomy Club __________________________________________
Meade ETX-125PE, Bresser 10 x 50 Binos & Me Peepers
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Frank Ryan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #103257 by KevinSmith
Fantastic Galway Astronomy Festival this year and even better than last year’s show. The layout was much better and it worked well splitting out the function hall into two and allowing for the reduced noise and dimmed lighting for the speakers whilst keeping the stands separate. Quality of speakers was excellent and the stands get better each year although there was still space for more.

Congratulations Galway Astronomy Club - see you next year!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by KevinSmith.

More
9 years 2 months ago #103258 by FintanSwanton
As a first-time attendee, can I just echo all the praise for this great event? Really well organised with a fascinating lineup of speakers.

To top it all, I found myself going home with a marvellous 8" Sky-Watcher telescope that I won in the raffle - thanks again to GAC and the prize sponsor, KTec!

Fintan.

• R Newman
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #103359 by R Newman
Yes thanks to everyone who attended we were very happy with the numbers on the day, all the talks were really excellent even better than I expected not that I got to see them all. But my favourites talks were by Nick Howes, a very enthusiastic amateur astronomer and a very nice guy and Daniel Lynch, a very witty talk about eclipse chasing, The Chris Hadfield intro went down very well. Yes Kevin we hope to fill that empty space next year but thanks to Carl and Stephen and the others for their stands, Stephen's meteorites attracted a lot of attention.

A few photos from the event

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by R Newman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, Mike, Roy Stewart, KevinSmith

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds